Cab swap and legal questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darty03

Reaction score
First Name
Darty03
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I bought a 1980 k10 lwb and then bought a 1983 k10 swb parts truck. The parts truck has no title and a good amount of rust but I actually prefer the swb. I was considering swapping the cab and all the good parts from the 1980 onto the 83 parts truck. I have read about doing this and know what it takes.

My question is legally will I run into any issues? I know people swap cabs and keep the title to the "new" cab all the time. I was just worried about the cab and title being from a long bed causing me to get questioned if I was to get pulled over or anything. I know for a fact the parts truck isnt stolen, I had the vin checked out. The person I bought it from got it with no title and doesnt have the into for the original owner who supposedly lost the title.

Last edited:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
You should have no problem at all putting the 80 cab with title on the 83 frame with no title. The vin does not differentiate between a lwb or a swb so its a non issue.

Darty03

Reaction score
First Name
Darty03
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Okay good. That's what I needed to know. Thanks a lot! Im like 2.5 hours south of you btw. haha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus