Bugwash always on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buffalobill

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
C/K 2500
Engine Size
5.7L Gasoline
Hey all, I was hoping I could get some help before I go to pick n pull tomorrow to get parts, my 1984 GMC high sierra 2500 with a 5.7l gasoline engine is a project truck i bought a while ago, and a problem I'm trying to deal with is when i turn on my wipers to any setting, my fluid is going. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for the last blast of fluid after my wipers stop :sleepy:

I changed my switch arm to nice shiny one but without the cruise control. Upon removing the old one with cruise, I found the lone wire connected to the arm wasn't connected to anything. Could this be an issue? It is the column mounted wiper controls.

Also, my fuel gauge stopped working. It doesn't stay at empty or full. It could be at 3/4 the entire time I drive, could be at empty, could be at full. It just sort of chooses. But it definitely doesn't work. Broken wire? :p

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
I think the wire is for cruise only. The wiper switch is inside the column. The arm is just a lever to move the switch.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
Yes wire is cruise only.

Fuel wire goes to tank sending unit. Would check and make sure it's attached and a good ground. Bad part it's hard to get too. May be the sending unit is bad. You can check the resistance on it with a meter.

My bet on the washer coming on is the switch grounding inside the column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That is the last year of the wiper motor with the washer pump built into it isn't it?

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That is the last year of the wiper motor with the washer pump built into it isn't it?

Should be. 85 and up have the washer pump mounted in/on the bottle and is wired through the headlight harness.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
Wiring on these is pretty straightforward. Not much can cause your problem but the switch I'm the column

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman