broke my truck a little

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tobe's84Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tobe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra Classic
Engine Size
5.7 350
i’ve been workin on my truck a bit lately, among other junk got a new intake RPM air gap from edelbrock, its nice definitely notice the difference. while tuning ( twisting the distributor like youre tuning in Tokyo ) found a good bit of power and then promptly blew a crack or hole in my passenger side hooker header, had to get some new ones on the way here by wednesday, i’m so broke.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
i’ve been workin on my truck a bit lately, among other junk got a new intake RPM air gap from edelbrock, its nice definitely notice the difference. while tuning ( twisting the distributor like youre tuning in Tokyo ) found a good bit of power and then promptly blew a crack or hole in my passenger side hooker header, had to get some new ones on the way here by wednesday, i’m so broke.
Welcome to the world of "hot rodding" lol isn't it the coolest?!?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it have been cheaper to get a patch welded onto the headers??

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

I know how that go's
what I could do if I had more money

1980Spartan

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I bought my square for pretty inexpensive, my wife even thought I got a good deal. I didn't exactly explain what I had in mind or the moments like what you're experiencing.... if I had, she might have not given her glowing endorsement!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I bought my square for pretty inexpensive, my wife even thought I got a good deal. I didn't exactly explain what I had in mind or the moments like what you're experiencing.... if I had, she might have not given her glowing endorsement!
That's because your smart. Need to know basis and they don't need to know......lol

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
That's because your smart. Need to know basis and they don't need to know......lol
Hahaha....

When I die and my wife finds out exactly how much I have spent on my polaris rzr, trailer and square..among other projects....she will more than likely dig me back up and strangle me to death again.

Oh yeah...it's definately on a need to know basis and she definately DON'T need to know. After all, she has fun with the projects, why ruin it with full disclosure?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Only in the rain!

Tobe's84Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tobe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra Classic
Engine Size
5.7 350
this response is for theblindchicken, i woulda tried to fix em but i had wrapped em to avoid heat exposure under the hood but that wasnt a good idea up here in the PNW too wet too often those things were pretty rusty/cruddy

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
this response is for theblindchicken, i woulda tried to fix em but i had wrapped em to avoid heat exposure under the hood but that wasnt a good idea up here in the PNW too wet too often those things were pretty rusty/cruddy

Throw an @ in front of his name to tag him it will turn red then

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
@Tobe's84Jimmy i hear ya. Just throwing out a thought that might've slipped by. The headers may have been salvageable, but probably more work and cost involved than ordering up a new set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy