Brake Lights and Turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Moyers

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I reread your last post and I will rework them to see if my signals work with the hazard flasher or vice versa. Other than signals and taillights being wonky truck starts up and runs just fine! Going to eat supper and I'll check back on this with some news, ought to get rest with only two hours of sleep there. Thanks for the advice and I'll check back soon.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Lol...yeah, im konking out now... just didn't want to pass out too early & fk up my schedule. I also thought we would be able to figure this out.

Enjoy your dinner! :)

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm sure it was put in there to mask an underlying issue that you found when bypassing it. That would be torn out and I'd start from scratch.

Mike Moyers

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I went and looked at my fuse box and there's only one flasher. The hazard lights are on a separate fuse. Could it just be that the flasher is bad? Don't have any tools to test it so what would be the best approach? Just to take flasher out while I have one of the signals on to see if it quits glowing entirely? http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30540.0;attach=28693;image found that on another forum and I reckon for the 86's there's only one flasher on the fuse box.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Do you have another GM vehicle that has that style flasher? If so borrow it for a minute

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Maybe pick one up and see what happens or stop at a yard and grab one or any body at work you don't much care for who's car would have one?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You do have the correct bulbs in place right? Like 1156 in a single post and an 1157 in a double post socket? That will play hell with stuff too if incorrect bulbs are installed.

Mike Moyers

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Pretty sure they're all the correct bulbs in the correct places. Haven't fooled with them since I had the truck, other guy kept care of her. I'll order a flasher and try it out. Hopefully that'll get my signals working and then I'll focus on the brake lights.

andym22

Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
Had the same issue, check your ground. When you turn headlights on your seeking ground through them. Run ground wire from ground bolt behind drivers tail light to battery ground to verify.

Mike Moyers

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So folks, I have my turn signals working now. Was the turn signal flasher in the fuse box, easy fix and I just overlooked it. But my taillights still aren't on. Pretty sure they work with my headlights on, took the switch out earlier and I'll test the taillights working when I put the new switch back in. But other than that, what would be the issue of my taillights not working when the pedal is being depressed? Also thank you all who have given me advice thus far.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Did you check your ground connections back there? Does this truck have a hitch and trailer wiring?

Mike Moyers

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Break it down Barney style for me Honky, where would I be finding these ground connections? Would it be behind the taillight fixtures? It doesn't have a hitch. No trailer wiring I saw.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Break it down Barney style for me Honky, where would I be finding these ground connections? Would it be behind the taillight fixtures? It doesn't have a hitch. No trailer wiring I saw.
Yes there will be an eyelet bolted to the bed behind the bulb holder. Remove the bolt clean or replace the eyelet. I generally put a star washer on grounds to bite into the steel and eyelet. Then reinstall with a slightly larger screw to cut into new metal. Try that and let me know.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Also check the connector for the tail lights. It will be tethered under the back edge of the bed the are good for corroding. Also adding grounds is good practice with these trucks like bed to frame there are plenty of holes in the frame to run a bolt threw and use Star washers with the teeth on the outside and self tappers will cut onto the steel of the bed for a good connection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53