Brake caliper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I want to change the brake calipers on my 83 C10 and go with more performance caliper or front braking, but cannot afford to go the wildwood way too expensive, any other ideas that will work, just want something a little stronger for 450 hp engine

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Do you have big wheels on the truck? Might check the rear brakes and make sure they are in good working order. Might even try a disc conversion on the rear. I didn't find many choises for front brake upgrades other than pads.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I will be putting 20 in wheel s on and I put new pads a drum disc on but I could change to disc if it isn't too expensive. Any ideas

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Check out CPP online,

http://www.classicperform.com

They have many options for brake upgrades and there prices are not that bad. Here is my front brakes from CPP, go check them out...

Attachments

• photo(87).jpg
    photo(87).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 111

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
i know this is an older thread but i cant get the front caliper back on... is there some trick that i need to know? i dont remember my 79k10 being this big of a pita, its the same part number pads for both trucks... tia

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
ok, figured it out, it was something small... those two little sleeves that the allen bolts go through were sticking out and stopping me from pushing the caliper in... pushed those out the way and it slid right it, then i used some needle nose pliers to pull the inside pad back up so i could slide the bolts in (they hold the inside pad up at the top by the tab.

so this tab
You must be registered for see images attach

and this one needed to be pushed back towards the motor

ah now i feel better... but after checking out the rest of the brake section, i want new rotors and calipers. lol

time for a beer

yes, the shock is broken off the top mount... thats tomorrows project

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamnTexan77