Bluetooth In Dash CD Stereo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What does anyone think or know of a good In Dash DIN stereo with Bluetooth and hands free cell phone capability? I'm going to talk bossman into a bluetooth stereo in the roll back so I can talk and hear over the damn Cat motor. I can't ever hear dispatches or anyone calling while I'm driving, not to mention digging around for the phone and trying to write down addresses, PO #s, Unit #'s etc.

How about this one? For example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-Exc...In_Dash_Receivers&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae3bb9dbd

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
That looks like a real nice piece.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I was thinking so. I just haven't played with electronics like I used to way back when, so I don't even know if Kenwood is any good anymore.

stewarts

Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
5L
That looks really nice, though I am not that sure with Kenwood as well. Probably some 10 years before, they were at the top of their game, but I am not quite sure where they are at currently.

I have a similar Pioneer one, and you might want to take a look at their products and see if anything takes your interest. Though if they will be willing to give you an extended guarantee for it, then you might as well.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the opininon. I've always had good luck with Pioneer in the past. In fact I have a Pioneer system here to be installed in one of my squares, but it doesn't have bluetooth and the bluetooth is a big deal in the tow truck so I can talk to the boss handsfree while driving and writing down unit #'s, PO #'s, gate codes and addresses, so its pretty important I hear him correctly and write legibly while driving and not cause an accident. I"m trying to put it to the boss as getting "Blackie" a Christmas Gift this year. :rofl: Blackie is the name of the the truck I drive. Then we have Petie which is the Peterbuilt, then we have K Whopper which is the Kenworth, and then Stepchild, which is the back up Ford SuperDuty that gets little to no respect cuz its an older unit that's been worked hard. I told him, if it has a name, it has to get something for Christmas. I hope it works. :happy175:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Just dont buy a Sony there quality went to poop.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just dont buy a Sony there quality went to poop.

On their high end units or the low end units??? All manufactures make leader pieces now days that are usually of low quality. Sometimes they even use the good technology in the leaders.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Kenwood head units are still as about as safe a bet as any other major brands. I've got a co-worker and a cousin that both have newer Kenwoods (within the last 2-3 years) and have had no problems with them.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
On their high end units or the low end units??? All manufactures make leader pieces now days that are usually of low quality. Sometimes they even use the good technology in the leaders.

I think its all units. The one audio install shop here in town doesnt sell or install sony for anybody cause how bad the quality got on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus