Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
For the sake of people tracking this thread or reading it later looking for info on tires I do have a bit of an update on the BFG KM2s. I think they are the best tires I have ever had off or pavement. I drove 120+ miles on a gravel road around a reservoir this weekend. In the past I didn't like mud terrains for gravel. The often seem to skid over the surface of the gravel (like trying to stand on plywood with marbles under it). I did not get that feeling at all. Truck was solid and well planted even when turning and going thru the outside of the corner where all the gravel had been pushed and gets deep. It soaked up the washboard and potholes very well also. Not many rocks are thrown, but when they are expect a loud noise. Especially if you are doing 55 mph.
My trip to the ORV park was great. The morning was hot and sunny. Tires did good on very dry dirt and rocks. Then the rains came. Even had to stop on the trail for 10 minutes because I couldn't see anything. Puddles were a foot deep or so, there was mud, wet granite rocks, wet smooth rocks. Tires went over and thru everything with ease (mud bogging, rock crawling, hill climbing, fire roads).
On the highway the tires are still a bit bouncy. Wondering if I have one or two that are out of round. Will have the tire shop look at them again when I get back from the holiday week.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Anything that makes a ton of noise going down the road isn't going to last very long, comparatively speaking. If it takes you several years to run 10K, then you can afford to run about anything.

thats true..

i really like Cooper STT's, they bite pretty much anything ive put um through and they are quiet on the highway,, stick like Velcro on dirt washboard rocky roads,, self cleaning in lake mud,, grip rocks really well for climbing and work pretty well in the sand dunes,, in the snow,, ive never needed chains up front yet and it was 28 inches deep,, but on ice?? i dont think any tire can do much there..

i run 36 pounds in the front cold and 30 in the back cold... there rated for 50 pounds of air..........

im on my 3rd set and drive mostly on volcanic glass dirt/mining roads and the last set i got 60k out of um,, they wouldnt pass inspection,, so put um on a couple trailers i have and there still going.......:happy160:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1