Big O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Coggins

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 cu in
Not sure if this will help much but here is a photo of the underside. The crossmember above the exhaust pipe has what appears to be a shadow of where the spare tire made contact with that crossmember.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ed Coggins

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 cu in
See SPID photo below.

Ed Coggins

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 cu in
Good news. The spare tire is finally back in it's proper position so I'm moving to the next issue which is dieseling.

The idle speed was too high so it was adjusted to a lower speed and when it's in park and the ignition key turned off the engine will diesel a couple of times and a plume of gas vapor comes out of carb intake. If it's left in gear, say reverse, and the ignition key turned off, engine shuts down without dieseling.

The throttle linkage is in good shape with the exception that the idle speed will drop some rpms if the linkage is pressed like the pedal is being pulled up so started looking for the culprit. The AC solenoid is working properly and not touching the throttle linkage when the AC is off so this isn't the culprit.

Looking at the choke linkage and found the vacuum break linkage isn't connected to anything and appears a linkage rod is missing. The carb is a Rochester Dual Jet 210 M2MC and according to an exploded view of it found on carburetorfactory.com, there is a linkage rod number 17 that is missing from the carb. It appears linkage 17 connects to high idle cam 23 and should connect to something else but can't determine what that is unless it connects to the vacuum breaker.

Does anyone have a M2MC that can confirm the presence of a linkage rod connected to the vacuum breaker and high idle cam?

Ed Coggins

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 cu in
Here is a photo that may help.

Ed Coggins

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 cu in
For sale - 1979 Bonanza C10. Has a 350 with Dualjet 210 2BRL carb, A/T, new tires and brakes, A/C, power windows and door locks. Some body rust behind rear wheels, bed and driver's side entry. Was used as a work truck and has 98,400 miles. $9000. Feel free to PM me with your number to discuss or to take a look at it if interested. It's located in Greer, SC. Thanks!

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Wow, not enough posts and you are kinda high on the price?

Scotty D

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Bonanza Big10
Engine Size
I’m in the process of resurrecting my ‘79 Bonanza Big 10.
Bought it brand new in ‘79, but it sat for 10 years when the cab mounts rusted out.
Keep it, they are a great truck!

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
I sold my Dad's and wish I had it back. If you sell to a close friend.......... stipulate you get 1st offer on it if he sells it.
You can make a nice truck from it. As they said...... my .02 cents

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito