BFGoodrich or Cooper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would have to dig up and see the exact model on the tires qA. I do know the two that were worn were NOT on the same axle. The journey was a 2012 and for us it was not a money pit at all. We had one issue with the tranny that was fixed under warranty but that is it. As a matter of fact my daughters best friend is still driving it today and has about 160K miles on it.
I do not know anything about alignment process at tire barn. I just know tire barn was able to show them the most recent result from the alignment and the history of the rotations. Cooper could have been blowing me a line of crap but they admitted after seeing the documentation that it was an issue with the tire, that is why they agreed to warranty the tires. The problem was they were only going to rive me 140.00 but that was only if I purchased 4 brand new tires.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Raised white letters in, Cooper. Raised white letters out BF’s. I’ve always preferred RWL‘s inboard. IMHO

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Unrelated now but im now running hankook dynapro mt2 up front and bfg mud terrain km2 out back on my s10. Got a pair of hanook real cheap at work and couldnt refuse. And for me its always whites out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I'm partial to my General Grabbers.
And the red lettering is just cool...

All 4 mounted & balanced was around $930. 33x10.5-15

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I'm partial to my General Grabbers.
And the red lettering is just cool...

I always called them genital grabbers lol. My uncle always swore by the a/t grabbers on all his trucks

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I would have to dig up and see the exact model on the tires qA. I do know the two that were worn were NOT on the same axle. The journey was a 2012 and for us it was not a money pit at all. We had one issue with the tranny that was fixed under warranty but that is it. As a matter of fact my daughters best friend is still driving it today and has about 160K miles on it.
I do not know anything about alignment process at tire barn. I just know tire barn was able to show them the most recent result from the alignment and the history of the rotations. Cooper could have been blowing me a line of crap but they admitted after seeing the documentation that it was an issue with the tire, that is why they agreed to warranty the tires. The problem was they were only going to rive me 140.00 but that was only if I purchased 4 brand new tires.
I understand your frustration, im pretty sure there is something in the law about that kind of warranty practice.. it sounds illegal
Anyway, did your journey have a properly working TPMS setup?
Based on your observation, it sounds like to me you maybe had 2 tires losing air (The TPMS will not flag you until way too much PSI is lost) and those sensors arent even that accurate.
Then the tires got rotated apart from eachother
Then being on different axle, they accelerated wear by being the ones already at a disadvantage. Just a thought

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is because the “issue” you experienced was almost certainly not a fault of the tires themselves being defective.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ill step out of this conversation. I wasn't trying to start a war. I was just bringing up the fact that I bought 60,000 mile tires and before 20,000 miles there was an issue. They agreed with me there was an issue and told me they would warranty the tires, which I was initially pleased with. Until they told me the warranty is pro rated and I had to buy 4 new tires in order to get the warranty on the two tires. They told me the two new tires would be larger in diameter compared to the 2 good tires on my car and they would not allow me to just get 2 new tires under warranty, due to it being an AWD vehicle.
I have no idea how tire warranties typically work, and this may be normal. If so, so be it. At the time I was angry because I had spent a good amount of money on a new set of tires and a year later the answer was to buy another set at the same price and I would get 140.00 back. There might as well not be a warranty on the tires.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Ill step out of this conversation. I wasn't trying to start a war. I was just bringing up the fact that I bought 60,000 mile tires and before 20,000 miles there was an issue. They agreed with me there was an issue and told me they would warranty the tires, which I was initially pleased with. Until they told me the warranty is pro rated and I had to buy 4 new tires in order to get the warranty on the two tires. They told me the two new tires would be larger in diameter compared to the 2 good tires on my car and they would not allow me to just get 2 new tires under warranty, due to it being an AWD vehicle.
I have no idea how tire warranties typically work, and this may be normal. If so, so be it. At the time I was angry because I had spent a good amount of money on a new set of tires and a year later the answer was to buy another set at the same price and I would get 140.00 back. There might as well not be a warranty on the tires.
no no you are okay, its not a war. Personally I am more suspicious of your shop than i am of you or cooper. now that they are owned by goodyear(Many brands are surprisingly) we will see if they change things or if they keep the course of an otherwise good tire overall (especially their grand touring all seasons , AT3 line AT, and snow tires)
Im not up on their HT tires for larger vehicles or performance tires to know if they are good. I hear the cooper cobra

is a OK tire that comes out much cheaper than a BFgoodrich radial but for much less lol!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128