Best Tie Rods Ends & Front Suspension parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
I have used nothing but Moog suspension and steering parts for 25+ years on several cars and trucks, except for some NOS Federal Mogul parts that I found at Autozone in dirty old boxes. Before that I had used some cheapie parts from a couple vendors with problems such as creaking ball joints, tie rod ends that would not take grease, and rubber dust boots that cracked after a few years (or even months). In contrast, the Moog parts I installed on a 69 C10 8-10 years ago still work well and none of the dust boots are cracked.

Best I can tell, the cheap crap from China started showing up in the early 90s. And today they even use part numbers similar or identical to Moog's, leading some to believe they are re-branded Moog parts. There may be some cases where that's true, but certainly not if the part costs 50%-75% less!

Believe me, you don't want to go through all the work of installing cheap no-name parts, and then have to spend more money and time to do it right later.

Check out Rock Auto for very good prices on Moog.

Thank you! I certainly agree, I think MOOG is the Way to go. My Father had used them too many many Restoration deals and Projects.
Me Being 21 and well he's in his early-50s I believe him.

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Btw are the Rockauto "AC Delco or Delphini" Parts worth a try or Junk like everything else after 3+ yrs.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I get the majority of my parts off rock Auto and always get the AC DELCO original equipment parts. They are OE, usually Made in USA and top quality. Stay away from the AC DELCO that don’t say that they are Original Equipment.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Btw are the Rockauto "AC Delco or Delphini" Parts worth a try or Junk like everything else after 3+ yrs.
I would expect AC Delco prices to be as much or more than Moog if the parts are high quality. I see where AC Delco has a low-priced line called "Advantage". I would personally stay away from those parts and stick with their Professional and OE lines.

By "Delphini" did you mean "Delphi"? Delphi used to be a GM subsidiary in the midwest, but I know the US plants closed down and Delphi manufacturing moved to Mexico. As for quality, I think stuff made at GM-managed Mexican plants is good quality. Same for Taiwanese parts.

Kryptonitekid

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
CK20
Engine Size
I like Moog because they will re-engineer parts to resolve OEM deficiencies when applicable. I just replaced the drag bar and all the tie rod ends on my 1980 K20 and found their quality to be good, and the rubber boots very sturdy. Replaced the sleeve adjusters as well and found them to be heavier than the stock ones. Also, Summit Racing will match Rock Auto prices if you ask and are much more accessible from a customer service perspective.
Just wondering (and sorry to steal your thread) - since my next step is to do ball joints, has anyone had any experience with Mevotech? They seem to have engineered a heavy duty replacement product.
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28