Best quality, complete lowering package '84 2wd 1/2 ton short wide with TBD wheel/tire combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Ok so I'm new to the forum but not the scene. I've had hydraulics, air bags, coil overs and static drops in my rides in the past, but now I'm only interested in static drops.

I've been researching components for my rig but there are soooo many options! I was really looking hard at McGaughy's but have also looked at the Ridetech street grip system. I am not really interested in spending Ridetech money for a cruiser/rare occasion canyon carver. It's not like I have any interest in autocross or building a super truck. I just want a reliable, no rub static drop that I don't have to c-notch and will fit an 18-20' wheel with without having a heavy rake i.e. more than 1-2" max.

Who has the magic formula and is willing to share? I have been digging through the forums and have bookmarked a couple posts but again there are dozens of them that at face value seem like good answers. I kinda want that easy button which is why Ridetech was even considered. Help my square be like yours when it grows up lol.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I just put my standard lowering formula here in post #9.

Don't get hung up on a pre-made kit. Most of them have a compromise in them that isn't the best way to go imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL