Best jack with 30” minimum lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caito51

Reaction score
First Name
Caitlin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7 liter V8
Looking for jack suggestions. It needs to be at least a 30 inch lift and will be used on mostly flat surfaces.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I suggest something called a "farm jack" or "high lift" jack.
You can buy a 48" jack as cheap as $50-ish but they also sell 60" lift farm jack at $100+

I bought a Torin "Big Red".
Hope this helps!

Example.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I suggest something called a "farm jack" or "high lift" jack.
You can buy a 48" jack as cheap as $50-ish but they also sell 60" lift farm jack at $100+

I bought a Torin "Big Red".
Hope this helps!

Example.
You must be registered for see images attach
This is a horrible suggestion, actually. Albeit, accomplishing the goal of a 30” jack.
Maybe we should understand what the OP thinks they want, as I’m pretty certain she does not.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
It would be helpful to have a scenario of how this jack would be used. What are you going to lift and on what surface (pavement, dirt, etc).
At 30” you will have two wheels off the ground, so it’s not very stable with a small lift point.

A high lift jack is good for emergency tire changes or 4x4 work, but unstable for anything that takes time (suspension work, etc.). It also has a small base point that does not work well on soft surfaces. Most hydraulic floor jacks don’t have that much lift because the mechanism gets too long and/or too high to slide under the vehicle.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
They are great bumper jacks especially for square body trucks, actually!
They are mechanical and will always work. I have a 60" Torin and speak with experience of the specific product suggested.
It's a fine suggestion. Kind of common even.They wount in the bed real nice , we've all seen it. (Except for the OP)

Whatever.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
a farm jack was a perfectly fine answer infact it was what I was going to say because they want to lift a truck up and the implication I am getting was getting unstuck or emergency things maybe offroad. most people if they wanted a floor jack would have probably said that, I think at least. Is the OP going to lift 30 inches until its frame or axle tube or we talking 30 inches till the pumpkin bottom lol

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Farm jack? I thought they were just called “Bumper Benders”. Hate those things.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The OP seems to be gone, but Auroragirl brings up a good point again - at what point are you measuring the lift and what are you trying to do? A farm jack usually fits under the front or rear bumper, which is a very high lift point on a 4x4 compared to a bottle jack under the front axle, or a hydraulic jack under the frame near the gas tank.

My stock height K25 is about 22" to the bottom of the front bumper, so a 30" lift might be barely enough to get a front tire off, after you allow for the springs letting the axle droop down as you lift.

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
But recommending a hi-lift jack to someone who asks a question in this manner and exudes their ignorance, followed by extreme vagueness is like recommending a fire arm to Alec Baldwin….
Except we can see that the person asking for the recommendation is not really engaged and has not exuded any mechanical competence.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
a farm jack was a perfectly fine answer infact it was what I was going to say because they want to lift a truck up and the implication I am getting was getting unstuck or emergency things maybe offroad. most people if they wanted a floor jack would have probably said that, I think at least. Is the OP going to lift 30 inches until its frame or axle tube or we talking 30 inches till the pumpkin bottom lol
Because someone wanting a jack for getting unstuck would qualify it to be “mostly” on flat surfaces?
Idk what that even means…

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Because someone wanting a jack for getting unstuck would qualify it to be “mostly” on flat surfaces?
Idk what that even means…
Everytime ive used a farm jack its on a surface which is flat. Usually I position it based on what im trying to do. if Im opening a heavy garage door i pry up from center to lift the thing a tinyyyyy bit just to get on the jack foot, then get it centered. stand and jack it up a fewclicks, go inside,spray some lubricant at the rollers (that were there) and then find I need to get the thing inside and click that way because I have to use my hand to let the door turn quick enough for the low ceiling.. a lot of flat surfaces. if im in the dirt and im tryign to jack out of something, i usually on flat ground where I put the jack. Mind you, the jack isnt like a floor jack, its actually capable to be pretty odd placed as long as its heel is in the ground and its "flat" but you cant go and try to shove a truck with it there are times and places

plus ive used a floor jack on some iffy stuff before, not flat (Not safe either)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It would be nice to know how the OP wants to use the jack in question.

But imho, any person that works on their own vehicles should own at least one Hi-Lift jack (some of the generic farm jacks downright suck), at least one floor jack, at least one screw-type scissor jack, and at least one bottle jack.

Also, my first car was a '69 Impala. It still had the factory bumper jack. I didn't own any other jack. I used that factory jack for basically every repair that involved wheels coming off or me fitting under the car. I had 2 jack stands though. That bumper jack always got the job done, but even the young and ignorant me questioned the stability of it, lol.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
It would be nice to know how the OP wants to use the jack in question.

But imho, any person that works on their own vehicles should own at least one Hi-Lift jack (some of the generic farm jacks downright suck), at least one floor jack, at least one screw-type scissor jack, and at least one bottle jack.

Also, my first car was a '69 Impala. It still had the factory bumper jack. I didn't own any other jack. I used that factory jack for basically every repair that involved wheels coming off or me fitting under the car. I had 2 jack stands though. That bumper jack always got the job done, but even the young and ignorant me questioned the stability of it, lol.
I have never used those clicky jacks for a car ever in my life but I have used them a LOT lol

They always have been around, there, and I was like 16 before i knew that is what they came from. My dad has a cool one that has a folding down hook that grabs under a bumper presumably and wouldnt scratch the outside or requires any notches.

I have a bunch of lighter duty ones, some need a base and some need some un-sticking rust.. my gpa had them straw out everywhere. One was just in the dirt and it had a tire iron or hwatever was stuck in it broke off in the slot.

I have a nice big ones thats taller and quite a bit more sturdy construction than most of the full size cars even