Bent wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
So I've got a bent wiper arm. And no jokes either...

Only the lower half of any wiper blade I put on it will now wipe the windshield. This started after washing the truck, and probably getting a little rough with the arm. ...Damn the jokes keep getting better... and is getting real annoying. Anybody dealt with this before and fixed it?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
So I've got a bent wiper arm. And no jokes either...

Only the lower half of any wiper blade I put on it will now wipe the windshield. This started after washing the truck, and probably getting a little rough with the arm. ...Damn the jokes keep getting better... and is getting real annoying. Anybody dealt with this before and fixed it?

I can't picture how its bent. Got a pic?

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I can't picture how its bent. Got a pic?

I can get one later today. I'm assuming that the arm is bent because it suddenly started doing this after I gave the old girl a long needed wash/wax. When I swapped a different wiper blade (known good from the pass side) onto the driver's arm the problem persisted - leading me to believe there is an issue in the arm itself. When I put the driver's original arm on the pass side, it was fine.

I cannot visually see any bends in the arm. Just looking at it, it seems fine. But still only half of the blade actually sweeps. You can see through the windshield that exactly half-way along the blade, right about where it attaches to the arm, the blade suddenly lifts off the windshield.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Take it off and tweak it a lil bit!

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I'm glad my wiper arm is bent; otherwise, I don't think it would work as good.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well I futsed with it this morning, even though my momma told me that kind of thing would make me go blind. Seems to be working again. I guess it don't take much to get one of them things out of whack. Glad its back in working order again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast