Bed worth saving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys looking for some advice here. The left side of the bed is pretty rusted out so I was planning to just buy a bed side and replace it. For the inside of the bed I was going to buy a paint on bed liner.

Today I got into the bed and took the mat out that was in the bed and I found some rusted spots toward the front of the bed. There are some holes in the rust too. Do you think it's worth saving and painting the bed liner in? Or should a continue my 2 years and running hunt for a bed that's in decent shape?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

mbl530

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350 ci 375 hp
If you have patience and can weld, you can buy a new floor pan, or just buy the section you need, but yes it is a lot of work. AMD, or LMC carry the floor pans,

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Well these boxes are getting hard to come by and more so every year that goes by! So I would find a replacement before ditching that one and even then I would set it aside as project for later !!!

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the feedback! Thinking the hunt for a decent bed shall continue. Already need a bedside and now the floor. It'll be cheaper to get a bed with less rust on it.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Well these boxes are getting hard to come by and more so every year that goes by! So I would find a replacement before ditching that one and even then I would set it aside as project for later !!!

****, I can't even sell my long box for under $100. They aren't rare down south, apparently, lol.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
****, I can't even sell my long box for under $100. They aren't rare down south, apparently, lol.

Put it on a truck up to the North and ill pay you $100 anyday!!!

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Count me in too!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I was first :)

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
We just need to get a 20ft flatbed trailer full of truck beds from south and run it up to north. Might be a viable business model.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I have found two guys that do just that. I have seen their ads on CL. I called the one guy. The price for a bed is $1200-$1800 BTW.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
We just need to get a 20ft flatbed trailer full of truck beds from south and run it up to north. Might be a viable business model.

Yep. Got a guy up here who started doing that about 20 years ago. Has a nice business set up now. And yeah, the cost of transport sends the box pricing up to $1000 plus.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yep. Got a guy up here who started doing that about 20 years ago. Has a nice business set up now. And yeah, the cost of transport sends the box pricing up to $1000 plus.

I would pay that if the box was one of those southern rust free boxes I keep hearing about.

Guys up here want about $900 to $1000 for a box and it always has a couple of dents that don't show up on camera or and is rusted in the usual spots and its listed as "mint" LOL I gave up even looking its like the biggest waste of my time trying to find a good box when there all just a bunch of jerk offs selling the box that they replaced and want you to buy there broken down **** so they can pay for there new panels for free with your hard earned money cause your just a chump that should polish their shoes and bend over and pay premium $ for there used broken ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I would pay that if the box was one of those southern rust free boxes I keep hearing about.

Guys up here want about $900 to $1000 for a box and it always has a couple of dents that don't show up on camera or and is rusted in the usual spots and its listed as "mint" LOL I gave up even looking its like the biggest waste of my time trying to find a good box when there all just a bunch of jerk offs selling the box that they replaced and want you to buy there broken down **** so they can pay for there new panels for free with your hard earned money cause your just a chump that should polish their shoes and bend over and pay premium $ for there used broken ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the box I got from him came up from Texas. It is completely rust free. Unfortunately, it must have been on a work truck, because I've got a bunch of little dents all down the top of the passenger side bed rail. This was the best one he had that was equipped with dual tank openings. The other one looked nice, but someone had applied about 3/16 of filler behind one of the wheel openings. Wouldn't have known if it hadn't cracked. Ended up costing 1200 with a tailgate that looks like it left the showroom yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64