Any tips about a rear wiring harness replacement that I should know about?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
Right brake light isn't working, so I change the bulb. No luck. Yesterday, I crawl underneath to see what horrors await. The previous owner (I bought my truck in July) apparently hired Wolverine to splice in a trailer harness...a couple of decades ago. There were exactly zero connectors used. Everything is tied together with dry rotted electrical tape. I'm not even going to attempt to try to chase down all of the shorts that are likely there, so I ordered a rear body harness, part #36-3101 from LMC (with shipping, it's $243.87). It looks like it is a pretty straightforward plug and replace job, but I wanted to ask before I dove into it.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Right brake light isn't working, so I change the bulb. No luck. I then change the socket. No luck there either. Yesterday, I crawl underneath to see what horrors await. The previous owner (I bought my truck in July) apparently hired Wolverine to splice in a trailer harness...a couple of decades ago. There were exactly zero connectors used. Everything is tied together with dry rotted electrical tape. I'm not even going to attempt to try to chase down all of the shorts that are likely there, so I ordered a rear body harness, part #36-3101 from LMC (with shipping, it's $243.87). It looks like it is a pretty straightforward plug and replace job, but I wanted to ask before I dove into it.
where did they splice my gpa spliced BEFORE the plug to the rear so the whole harness will eventually be best fixed by a new harness set lol
But if the plug is in ok shape you should be ok

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Rock Auto has a harness adapter that fits between the factory plug for your trailer wiring

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack541