another cummins swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.2diesel

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
6.2l
So i know this place is stinking full of cummins swap and people asking out them but i cant find anything to match up to what im facing. I have learned in the past (mostly from girlfriends and mom) that i am wrong 99% of the time. S lets get down to the basics.

The Truck: 1986 chevy c30, 2wd, 6.2l Diesel, th400 tranny, 4.10 gears and best of all, its a crew cab.
What i want is a towing rig, nothing lowered and nothing with too many computers.

So down to what i want to know.

#1. What tranny? manual is always better then auto for me. Overdrive is a huge plus

#2. Gauges. Im thinking something from autometer but im open to anything

#3. A/C..... is it worth connecting it?

#4. 4wd, i mean im swapping a cummins in so should i go for it or would it just be too confusing. If i do, what tranny case and axle and would my rear axle need to be swapped

#5. Where to buy kits and what parts do i need

Please do not laugh at my lack of info. Im only in highschool (16 years of age) but i graduate next spring and will be out of diesel school by the time im 18. This MIGHT be something the guys at the college let us do

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don