Alternator issues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I lied.
I had goober look in to the Dakota unit and there wasn't much out there on it.
I am sure it is a swell unit, but we went with the Flex A Lite variable speed dealio as it had some videos that laid it out well.
It will be here on Thursday...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Maxwellvis

Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Camper Special C20
Engine Size
UPDATE: Fan controller installed, works good, just trying to get it adjusted to turn on at the time its supposed to, not way before.
Also got the CS-130 cleaned up and V-Belt pulley installed, what a bitch to remove the serpentine pulley. Apparently had a tapered sleeve in it, death wheel and air hammer took care of that though...
All was going good with the alternator this morning, until the fans kicked on that is. As soon as they start up, whether it is from the manual switch or on their own, the alternator seems to stop charging or be overwhelmed some how and just quits. The voltage just kept dropping, all the way down to 9-ish before I called it quits and turned it off to eat lunch. One last note, the alternator seemed to get quite hot, like much more than I would have expected, as well as had a slight whine to it, like a supercharger kinda. It wasn't like bad bearing squeaking either, just odd. I dunno at this point, any ideas?

Steve Goetz

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I am having a very similar problem with my '82 C20 Camper Special. I wonder if it has something to do with the wiring of these units? Thanks for the post, though...definitely following!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg