Air Horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That sounds like what I am thinking of. Are they expensive? I used to have a police siren/PA system in FRANKENTRUCK. When the motor was fried several years ago I tranferred it to my 78 Jeep J10 instead. That PA system does WONDERS for clearing out of the way inconsiderate incompetant idiots who walk in the MIDDLE of the road with their backs to me (acting as if they are not going to move). Crank that sucker's volume up, a loud, "GET OUT OF THE ROAD!!!!" in the mic, and they will be jumping for the ditch in no time. My new front clip has 2 horns unlike my old single one, but I may want to upgrade to the air horn if it is affordable.

They used to make vacuum operated ones too, don't know if they are still around.

Here is a lower priced one:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...7aJTUOKEGsrZ0QHtk4HwCA&sqi=2&ved=0CJABEPMCMAU

It's close to what I got. You can remote mount that intake filter with a hose or run it into the cab or inside your air cleaner housing. Has a replaceable filter. I would say my air tank is about a half gallon. Not a lot but gives a good 3 or 4 second blast before slowly dying out, that's on dual horns. It will wake somebody up, lol, especially if you got it sleeper setup. :roflbow:

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah I'm not sure where the best place to mount it is, I guess maybe behind the grill where the other horns are? That might be too visible though. Kinda want to keep it stealth. I would rather do an actual truck horn than a train horn though. I only have one fuel tank, so I was thinking I could mount the air tank and possibly compressor setup where the other fuel tank normally goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus