Air Conditioner Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfara002

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
Looking to see if anyone knew the function of part number 163 in the photo for the Air Ducting in my 1991 GMC Jimmy. It moves with the door which diverts the air to the floor/ defrost area. I just don't see a purpose for it and mine is cracked and does not function properly so I was contemplating removing the valve for all together. The only thing I can think of is that it blocks off the air from recirculating back to the heater core. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't our trucks always have fresh air running through them? Unfortunately, I just closed up my heater box last week. I had the cover off from the engine compartment side replacing the evaporator core. If this part was missing, it looks like air would always be moving over the heater core and you would always have hot air in the cab, even with the A/C on.

sfara002

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
Alright so I figured this out. I JB welded the part back together and left it in. It helps direct air in the bi-level mode. That's pretty much it, if it breaks again it's coming out perminently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486