Aftermarket grille brands.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The tube was on it when I bought it but I found a couple ‘79 grilles so that’s what’s in it now. I’m a stock guy too.
Yup im with you....I think billet grilles do look really cool....but I just can't seem to put one in my lifted 1986 k10....I just like the OEM look especially when the truck is restored/re painted.

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Tube all the way for me! Flows with the lines of the truck really good and makes it look wider in the front, something that I like. The round eye squares have such great faces, and I think a good stout tube grille really sets it off (but the billets not so much)
Plus, myself, I've just always hated the idea of plastic grilles, they always felt like such a tack-on among all that sheet steel. ;) But I'm an idealist, lol

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
I prefer my own,

highdesertranger

I've had your photo in my reference folder for ages Ranger, your grille and bar setup is one of my favorites. You also inspired me to put rock guards on my lights.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
thanks, I really don't care for chrome and the plastic ones didn't inspire me. so I made my own. highdesertranger

Tim Keith

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra short bed 4x4
Engine Size
I’d love to find a “driver” GMC grille. They are being made out of unobtainium lately.
When you see a cracked GMC grill in a salvage yard you can use is as a donor for glueing missing pieces. You can repair most grills to look great with a little work and some plastic glue. If you obtain a grill with relatively minor damage, hold onto that one and wait for a worse one because you can sell repaired grills for some quick cash. But you'll likely want to keep a 2nd GMC grill as a spare.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Classicparts (not to be confused with Classic Parts USA) still has NOS/OEM grills for 85 -88 C/K. They list for $205 (+ $27 for S&H).

https://www.classicparts.com/1985-88-Grill-OEM-GMC-Dark-Gray-w_Single-Headlamps/productinfo/61-265/

For some reason, they warn that these grills are only for use with single headlight systems. I don't know if you have dual beam or single beams. But either way, it shouldn't be an issue. I looked closely at the GM parts catalog and while there is a distinction made for the RPO V22 option (chrome grill), there is no mention of different grills used with SHL/DHL systems. The only thing I can imagine they are referring to is the fact that with the DHL's, the PL/TS assembly mounts to the back side of the middle bar.

Here is an image showing how they sit. There are only two nuts that secure the assemblies to little studs on the bar. It would most likely only require that a couple of pilot holes be drilled into the plastic and then - instead of nuts - the assembly would be secured with screws.

I bought an NOS grill a couple of years ago for a restore project (shown below). It is down in my storage garages which are close by. I will check for you if you are interested.

BTW - these grills don't come with letters. Hopefully, you still have yours.
That seems like a good price on NOS

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just looked it up as I could use the same grill.
Not NOS, they're repops. And said out of stock.
Not such a good price on a repop unless very good quality

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk