Aftermarket grille brands.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Id like to replace my Grille on my 1986 k10 ….anybody have a brand they have used with good luck? Sourcing Aftermarket crap can be a pain and I don't want to do billet grille. Mike

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
I got a couple from Rock Auto that were very nice for what I paid for them.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I got a couple from Rock Auto that were very nice for what I paid for them.
Did the ones from Rock Auto bolt in and fit perfect?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Id like to replace my Grille on my 1986 k10 ….anybody have a brand they have used with good luck? Sourcing Aftermarket crap can be a pain and I don't want to do billet grille. Mike

Classicparts (not to be confused with Classic Parts USA) still has NOS/OEM grills for 85 -88 C/K. They list for $205 (+ $27 for S&H).

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.classicparts.com/1985-88-Grill-OEM-GMC-Dark-Gray-w_Single-Headlamps/productinfo/61-265/

For some reason, they warn that these grills are only for use with single headlight systems. I don't know if you have dual beam or single beams. But either way, it shouldn't be an issue. I looked closely at the GM parts catalog and while there is a distinction made for the RPO V22 option (chrome grill), there is no mention of different grills used with SHL/DHL systems. The only thing I can imagine they are referring to is the fact that with the DHL's, the PL/TS assembly mounts to the back side of the middle bar.

Here is an image showing how they sit. There are only two nuts that secure the assemblies to little studs on the bar. It would most likely only require that a couple of pilot holes be drilled into the plastic and then - instead of nuts - the assembly would be secured with screws.

I bought an NOS grill a couple of years ago for a restore project (shown below). It is down in my storage garages which are close by. I will check for you if you are interested.

BTW - these grills don't come with letters. Hopefully, you still have yours.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Classicparts (not to be confused with Classic Parts USA) still has NOS/OEM grills for 85 -88 C/K. They list for $205 (+ $27 for S&H).

https://www.classicparts.com/1985-88-Grill-OEM-GMC-Dark-Gray-w_Single-Headlamps/productinfo/61-265/

For some reason, they warn that these grills are only for use with single headlight systems. I don't know if you have dual beam or single beams. But either way, it shouldn't be an issue. I looked closely at the GM parts catalog and while there is a distinction made for the RPO V22 option (chrome grill), there is no mention of different grills used with SHL/DHL systems. The only thing I can imagine they are referring to is the fact that with the DHL's, the PL/TS assembly mounts to the back side of the middle bar.

Here is an image showing how they sit. There are only two nuts that secure the assemblies to little studs on the bar. It would most likely only require that a couple of pilot holes be drilled into the plastic and then - instead of nuts - the assembly would be secured with screws.

I bought an NOS grill a couple of years ago for a restore project (shown below). It is down in my storage garages which are close by. I will check for you if you are interested.

BTW - these grills don't come with letters. Hopefully, you still have yours.
You alaways leave awesome replies.... my truck is Chevy so I need chevy grille for 1986 dual headlight with chevy emblem....moneys a little tight right now so for the grille I have to do aftermarket......LMC says there grilles have new tooling and they are exact replicas for $89.00 but who knows!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've got a few of them in the past from local body supply houses. They all fit ok and they came with the little vertical trim strips too. Obviously, the center trim, bowtie and turn lenses needed swapped over from the old grille. It's probably the same grille offered by most resto companies.

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
I just recently swapped the grille on my '77 Sierra and don't think I really need to hold on to the original. Here's a photo of it. It has no badging so you could add whatever emblems you want. Think you could make it work?

As far as aftermarket, I found a Tube-style grille from another member here that I love, it's from the brand DeeZee. However they haven't been around for several years. That's my only testimonial

*edit* guess I didn't really pay attention to the OP, didn't realize your rig was an '86, my bad

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I just recently swapped the grille on my '77 Sierra and don't think I really need to hold on to the original. Here's a photo of it. It has no badging so you could add whatever emblems you want. Think you could make it work?

As far as aftermarket, I found a Tube-style grille from another member here that I love, it's from the brand DeeZee. However they haven't been around for several years. That's my only testimonial

*edit* guess I didn't really pay attention to the OP, didn't realize your rig was an '86, my bad
That's a Chevrolet repop grille, not original to the truck. Old GMC stuff isn't reproduced as far as I know. Kind of a moot point being that you're going with a tube grille so this is just for informational purposes.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Does your 77 have an inside hood release?

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
That's a Chevrolet repop grille, not original to the truck. Old GMC stuff isn't reproduced as far as I know. Kind of a moot point being that you're going with a tube grille so this is just for informational purposes.

No **** haha, the more you know. Wondered why I never seemed to see that style on any other GM's of the era

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Like the grille! It looks a lot better than those billet-style ones.

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I’d love to find a “driver” GMC grille. They are being made out of unobtainium lately.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990