Aftermarket EFI Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Oh boy could I chime in on this one. I'll just say this, some people have had good luck with Sniper and other TBI systems. I did not. My Sniper experience was a nightmare.

I've switched to the Pro Flo 4 and it's like night and day as it was when I ran the original Pro-flo umpteen years ago.

There are notable differences between a wet (TBI) system and a sequential port injection system (pro flo).

In the end, the Pro-flo didn't cost a dime more than the Sniper.

I can tell you this- the Pro-flo is 100 times more user friendly as far as tuning goes. It's Bluetooth with your phone and if you have any issues the Edelbrock engineers are responsive, knowledgeable and very helpful.

I got none of that with Holley.

It's no coincidence that Edelbrock doesn't even produce a TBI system.

Spend some time on both companies tech forums and you will come to your own conclusion.

As a bonus, as I just discovered, the Pro-flo is compatible with many aftermarket digital dashes. In my case, all the information that the efi generates is displayed on my Dakota Digital dash.

This got me so excited it made my sticker peck out!

Last edited:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected

Spend some time on both companies tech forums and you will come to your own conclusion.

Edelbrock did make a TBI system. Actually- they made 2. Edelbrock E-street TBI and E-street TBI 2. They sucked. I have the first version. Their support sucked.

I hate it so much I want to replace it.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Dakota Digital has an interface module for Holley systems as well.

Rhett Croley

Reaction score
First Name
Rhett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Oh boy could I chime in on this one. I'll just say this, some people have had good luck with Sniper and other TBI systems. I did not. My Sniper experience was a nightmare.

I've switched to the Pro Flo 4 and it's like night and day as it was when I ran the original Pro-flo umpteen years ago.

There are notable differences between a wet (TBI) system and a sequential port injection system (pro flo).

In the end, the Pro-flo didn't cost a dime more than the Sniper.

I can tell you this- the Pro-flo is 100 times more user friendly as far as tuning goes. It's Bluetooth with your phone and if you have any issues the Edelbrock engineers are responsive, knowledgeable and very helpful.

I got none of that with Holley.

As a bonus, as I just discovered, the Pro-flo is compatible with many aftermarket digital dashes. In my case, all the information that the efi generates is displayed on my Dakota Digital dash.

This got me so excited it made my sticker peck out!

I could not disagree more with your review of the Holley Sniper Efi system. The Edelbrock FloPro 4 looks like a great setup with direct port injection and I see the benefits of that setup but I have installed three Sniper Efi systems and I even daily drive one. My 1987 silverado v10 is a SBC 350 crate from Blueprint engines dynoed at 400 horse/375 torque. I have had the sniper system installed for about two years now and recently installed the Hyperspark kit with it. I see that the Edelbrock FloPro is equipped with over 80 pre-configured base maps for a variety of engine setups. That is very convenient for those who might not be willing to learn a tuning software but I assure anyone who is willing to understand a very user friendly tuning software that the capabilities of the Holley sniper paired with the Hyperspark distributor are much greater. You may have had a bad experience with their tech-service but the few install issues I ran into were dealt with over the phone with their people. The Holley forums are my personal favorite way to do my own troubleshooting. There are some very knowledgeable guys on there that have encountered every issue there is and they are very helpful with tuning tips. The Sniper can be operated solely off the handheld LCD but I would strongly encourage anyone to do a little research after an install and look at some Sniper tuning videos. You won’t regret it. Yes it is “self-tuning” but that function’s job is to help create your own base fuel map but I would not consider it 100% plug and play. Comparing direct port injection to a tbi setup is not a good way to value these two products. Yes, direct port injection is a better design but there is a reason the FloPro 4 is roughly the same price as the Holley Sniper. Holley makes a direct port injection system that runs off the HP ECU and it is pretty darn pricey at over $3k but that ECU operates and has a nearly identical tuning software to the Sniper. Being that I have no tuning experience prier to the Holley sniper, I can get 12.8 mpg out of a lifted old Chevy. I’m sure a professional could do better but I would like to think this is pretty good based off the fact that you would be hard pressed to get that out of a stock lifted truck today making the same power.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I could not disagree more with your review of the Holley Sniper Efi system. The Edelbrock FloPro 4 looks like a great setup with direct port injection and I see the benefits of that setup but I have installed three Sniper Efi systems and I even daily drive one. My 1987 silverado v10 is a SBC 350 crate from Blueprint engines dynoed at 400 horse/375 torque. I have had the sniper system installed for about two years now and recently installed the Hyperspark kit with it. I see that the Edelbrock FloPro is equipped with over 80 pre-configured base maps for a variety of engine setups. That is very convenient for those who might not be willing to learn a tuning software but I assure anyone who is willing to understand a very user friendly tuning software that the capabilities of the Holley sniper paired with the Hyperspark distributor are much greater. You may have had a bad experience with their tech-service but the few install issues I ran into were dealt with over the phone with their people. The Holley forums are my personal favorite way to do my own troubleshooting. There are some very knowledgeable guys on there that have encountered every issue there is and they are very helpful with tuning tips. The Sniper can be operated solely off the handheld LCD but I would strongly encourage anyone to do a little research after an install and look at some Sniper tuning videos. You won’t regret it. Yes it is “self-tuning” but that function’s job is to help create your own base fuel map but I would not consider it 100% plug and play. Comparing direct port injection to a tbi setup is not a good way to value these two products. Yes, direct port injection is a better design but there is a reason the FloPro 4 is roughly the same price as the Holley Sniper. Holley makes a direct port injection system that runs off the HP ECU and it is pretty darn pricey at over $3k but that ECU operates and has a nearly identical tuning software to the Sniper. Being that I have no tuning experience prier to the Holley sniper, I can get 12.8 mpg out of a lifted old Chevy. I’m sure a professional could do better but I would like to think this is pretty good based off the fact that you would be hard pressed to get that out of a stock lifted truck today making the same power.

Like I said, there are those who have had good luck with Sniper. I've been down both roads.

Dollar for dollar, the Pro-flo is still a way better deal, easier to setup and gives better drivability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84