Adding satellite radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sup fellas, I'm looking to upgrade from the stock cassette deck and would really like to add satellite radio. However I want to stick with a classic looking head unit. I've seen the options from Custom Autosounds and Retrosound which both look pretty good. What else would I need to add satellite to those units? Will I be able to control the satellite radio from those head units or will I have to use a separate unit? Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Do you have a standalone portable sat radio or are you wanting to process everything solely via the head unit? I don't remember any of the retro radio options having integrated sat radio interfacing. Just AUX and USB port to connect a portable and run the audio through the head unit. I haven't looked since last year though.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do you have a standalone portable sat radio or are you wanting to process everything solely via the head unit? I don't remember any of the retro radio options having integrated sat radio interfacing. Just AUX and USB port to connect a portable and run the audio through the head unit. I haven't looked since last year though.

Well in a perfect world I'd like to control it all through the head unit. I think you are correct though. I've confirmed the Zuma from Retrosound wont and based on the wording of their descriptions I assume the Custom Autosound units are the same. At this point I'm thinking I may utilize the ash tray as a location for the separate satellite processor. Just have to find one that will fit in there.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
:waytogo:

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah, that's awesome. Exactly what I had in mind. Just need to make sure I use a receiver that will fit in there ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub