A/C compressor clutch wire connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onekarnut

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
P O removed a/c compressor and cut wire connector off wires at compressor. Facing truck it has two wires to compressor terminal. One black one green. When attaching the wires which colored wire should be nearest to driver fender the black or the green.

I could not find a wiring diagram for the a/c system that gives the color or their orientatiom to the plug connection.

Thanks agin for your help and guidence.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Doesn't matter. The operation of a DC solenoid coil is not dependent on polarity.

Solenoid Valve Coils (DC) and Electrical Polarity

A common question about solenoid valve coils is whether the electrical current polarity matters in a DC coil. Most coils with lead wires use the same color wire for both terminals and have no polarity markings. The answer is that polarity does not matter. You can connect the positive terminal to either of the two wires without affecting the operation of the valve.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Here's a schematic I used when chasing a problem with the system in my '90. I colored the green power supply wire......

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquareInheretance