99 -06 GMT 800 NBS seats in a Square Body C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thought I would share. Did a lot of searching trying to find people who successfully put NBS seats in a square body C10. I only found stuff like you have to lower the floor, they sit high or they only fit well on a blazer or an extended cab.

I fell into a set for $40 and thought I would give it a try without cutting the floor or loosing any sliding or recline ability. No big loss if it did not work out.

Here is one way of doing it.
I Removed the slider totally
Had to cut off a little off the front on the recline mechanism so it would go closer to the floor.
Also cut a little of the rear mount to match the angle of the floor at the back of the cab.
Basically what I did was use a set of bench seat sliders and recessed them inside the NBS seat frame.
It allowed the seat to slide down over the sliders all the way to the floor.
This positioned the seat top the same 10 inches off the floor as my original bench seat.
Also had to cut down the stands for the front of the seat cushion to get the proper angle on the seat cushion.

One the tricks I found to get the correct height was to get the seat back below the rear window.
You must be registered for see images attach

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
one of things I left out was that I had to build a little L bracket out of angle iron for the right slider. also had to cut a couple inches off the bottom of the plastic trim to get it to fit properly.

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks good. Let us know how they feel while driving.

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
They are nice. Little firmer and hold you in the seat better. They are so much more comfortable the truck feels like it rides better, but it could be that they are just not 40 years old.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
@thompson335 Nicely done! I'm one of the ones that cut into the floor to lower them and to make everything look OEM after everything was finished up and I accomplished my goal and really have never seen an alternative way that looked right but you did a really good job and yours looks pretty darn good :waytogo:

How's the distance between the seat and steering wheel? Another hinderance for me as I don't have a tilt column so I couldn't create more room by tilting my column up.
Does your mod of the slide mechanism work well, too?

:handshake:

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I like it!

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
In general I think the sliders on the NBS seats work better than the old bench seat sliders, but it does work as well or better than the bench seat that was originally there.

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Seat cushion to wheel is the same. Seat height is the same as original. Seat back to wheel feels just a little closer. It all feels like it is in the proper location though.

Sonders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
subscribing for future reference. How is the space behind the seat for storage?

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not as much as the bench

thompson335

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
After having the NBA seats for a while I thought I would try something different. Was not real thrilled with the look of the cloth seats. I have ran across some leather power seats from a 04 Maxima. They look great, but they are just a little bit close to the steering wheel for a big guy. Need to look at shorting my steering column.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
After having the NBA seats for a while I thought I would try something different. Was not real thrilled with the look of the cloth seats. I have ran across some leather power seats from a 04 Maxima. They look great, but they are just a little bit close to the steering wheel for a big guy. Need to look at shorting my steering column.
The problem with your solution is they stick out way past the hump of the floor and looks awkward. Between that and what your thinking about with shortening your steering column is exactly why I lowered my floor when installing mine. Makes thing look like they fit better and gives you more room between the steering column and your legs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave