98 Chevy t Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
NO, Pops is saying it means the trans rear seal is bad allowing trans fluid to leak into the Tcase and causing the Tcase to overflow. I've heard of that and know it happens, but I was also about certain, it's normal to lose some Tcase fluid when you pull the dshaft out.

Ok, I heard its normal to loose a tiny bit when the rear driveshaft is pulled also.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
NO, Pops is saying it means the trans rear seal is bad allowing trans fluid to leak into the Tcase and causing the Tcase to overflow. I've heard of that and know it happens, but I was also about certain, it's normal to lose some Tcase fluid when you pull the dshaft out.

My Burb did that several years ago, that seal REALLY blew out. Within about 40 minutes, the tranny pumped the t-case completely full and fluid started dumping out the vent. What a mess that was under the truck.

If the seal doesn't leak too bad, I've heard of people draining out the excess fluid, then pouring it back in the tranny, lol.

Ok, I heard its normal to loose a tiny bit when the rear driveshaft is pulled also.

I think some splashes up in there and a small amount can collect in the slip yoke. That's the tiny bit that is normal to pour out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76