88 R20/V20 Barn Door lock/latch mechanism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckerTech

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 to V20 Conversion
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel NA
Hello to all.:help:

I have a 1988 R20 converted to V20 (long story, not my doing) and one issue is the right side barn door didn't want to open. Finally got the doors open but realized one of the previous buyers (it had 4 on non-op since the guy on the pink slip) had removed and discarded the mechanism that pulls on the rods to open the door. I have the lock, the push button handle, but not what these connect to. I know it bolts to the inside of the jamb between the doors with 3 bolts. After many hours of searching, I do not even know what this is called and cannot find it for sale anywhere new or used. I circled it in red in the picture. Even LMC truck greyed it out and fails to describe it. What is it called and any ideas where I can buy this from? I circled it in red in the attached pic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. More introductory pics to follow when I get some more time.

Attachments

• Barn door lock.jpg
    Barn door lock.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 67