door lock cyl. removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So I am trying to remove door lock cyls. from original doors, I removed the clip on the inside of the door, is there something else that would be holding the cyl. in place. It doesn't want to move.....didn't want to get ruff right off the bat

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
just put new ones in my crewcab last weekend.
you need to dis-engage the door lock pawl. slightly turn the cylinder to dis-engage and fish the lock out. make sure the door lock is up, it will come out easier.
to get the pawl off the lock cylinder you need to bend the middle tab up out of the small hole on the pawl. when you put the pawl back on the new lock, remember to bend the tab back into the small hole or it will pop off and you'll have to take your door apart again to put it back on
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
got the locks out with minor persuasion...thanks for the advice..has anyone found new lock gaskets sold without replacing the lock itself?

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
LMC, maybe Steele Rubber. Should be several outfits that would have them. I know the gaskets for my '72 Olds mobiles are available so a squarebody is much more common.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
thanks i have found them. but i guess i dont wanna pay 15 bucks shipping for 2 bucks worth of parts.
I may have to make a list and add them on. that base rate shipping sucks. they would get shipped in a box with paking material....use an envelope and a stamp its 2 little gaskets

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
got the locks out with minor persuasion...thanks for the advice..has anyone found new lock gaskets sold without replacing the lock itself?
I got a set on amazon and a set from Summit, they came with the door handle gaskets.

They're much cheaper on Summit if you're ordering enough stuff to get free shipping. Otherwise Amazon has the shipping cost built into the price, IIRC the set on Amazon was like $17 and Summit was $5 something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78