87 corvette in neutral, without keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Yes the doors are unlocked. That’s not a problem. I wondered if I could do that but I wasn’t sure how the security stuff worked. Seems like if it’s that easy, there’s no point having security systems in place.

I'm no thief but I wouldnt carry a multimeter and resistors with me to steal a car. Plus the wires are usually buried behind the dash between the column and trans tunnel. Its a bit tedious but quite satisfying to know it wont be a problem again when you're done.

BTW those dollies aint movin in the grass.

So what are you leaning towards?

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I'm no thief but I wouldnt carry a multimeter and resistors with me to steal a car. Plus the wires are usually buried behind the dash between the column and trans tunnel. Its a bit tedious but quite satisfying to know it wont be a problem again when you're done.

BTW those dollies aint movin in the grass.

So what are you leaning towards?
M leaning towards @bucket ’s idea of just chaining the truck to it and dragging it. In all seriousness though I’m leaning towards a couple floor jacks to get it moved over, and then pulling it down to the lower drive where the carport is, and then jacking it back up and pushing it back. Of course if I can get under it and get it in neutral, that would be easier to do. Then I Could use my big floor jack under the front. Of course the front tires are turned. That’s what I’m thinking so far. Don’t REALLY want to spend $100 on dollys that I probably won’t use again.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well I just found this. Is it really that easy?? Trying to think of something that I have with wheels that I could set the front on to at least be able to roll it straight. I can’t think of anything heavy enough though.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well I just found this. Is it really that easy?? Trying to think of something that I have with wheels that I could set the front on to at least be able to roll it straight. I can’t think of anything heavy enough though.
I was unaware that it was that easy for those front wheelers but it makes sence!!

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Yes its that easy, but on a RWD car the linkage is gonna be in the trans tunnel around the drivers side floor pan.

How about a weatherproof car cover?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Hay look. It's Crispy!
I think he's from Maryland.
Dying Fetus is from Maryland so he's cool.

Attachments

• 91EEQTpD3WL._SL1500_.jpg
    91EEQTpD3WL._SL1500_.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 60

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Oh noe.

Well..he's got a Monte Carlo SS and aint much else that cool...except an 87 Corvette maybe...man! Thinkin about playing with one has really got me goin. That would be a LOT OF FUN.
:fishing1:
I used to have a 1900 6 speed I always wished was automatic...:gayfight: - that would have been even moar fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx