86" K-10 Values

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edlanta

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello All,
Trying to get an idea what the mid 80's K-10 short beds are going for? I have an 86' with 3" lift and 24's. Interior is in nice shape and the drive train is solid. Body is rust free but I believe it has a little mud in the cab corners. It's red but previous owner had too much clear put on so its peeling. With a decent paint it would be a really nice truck. Thinking of selling it to put money into another project. What is the value range for these vehicles?
Thanks!
Ed.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Post pics if you can.
In the past 6 months I have picked up a butchered and clapped out 85 K10 with a straight clean body for $3500, an 80 K15 GMC with more rust than metal but a strong drive train for $2500 and a 79 Bonanza for $1200 that sat for 2 years, clean body but no keys, title and a guess if the motor and tranny are any good.
In my experience location matters, as the southern stuff seems to be going for more than rust belt models.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I'm thinking 4-7k.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Best thing to do is just look around at what's listed and put yours where you think it belongs compared to the others. Without pictures or more info, I'd say anywhere from 6k-15k. LS swaps or stroker motors help value, original drivetrain is fine though and some prefer that. If the paint is peeling, that definitely hurts the values as does clear coat since these were never cleared originally. I can tell you one thing that would help the value tremendously would be putting it back in stock rallies and 33s or 35s, not many people want big wheels on these things.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can tell you one thing that would help the value tremendously would be putting it back in stock rallies and 33s or 35s, not many people want big wheels on these things.

Folks can check facebook marketplace for numbers using keywords like c10/k10 Cheyenne Silverado square body etc and you can get an idea for your area.
I agree, stock or close to OE will give you the most return.
Few are looking looking for a triple rusted, multicolored frankenado with 17 previous owners, mud covering the top of the cab and a lost title.
Yet, those same sellers are posting pics of scabbed Bear Claw littered interiors with no dash, a skillet sized tachometer and three full harnesses of wiring sagging under the dash while stating "Price is Firm" "I know what I got".
You'll notice a lot of the ads for those types of trucks are up for months. I lost a half dozen chances on fairly stock OE K10s because I either tried to dicker or hesitated to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Best thing to do is just look around at what's listed and put yours where you think it belongs compared to the others. Without pictures or more info, I'd say anywhere from 6k-15k. LS swaps or stroker motors help value, original drivetrain is fine though and some prefer that. If the paint is peeling, that definitely hurts the values as does clear coat since these were never cleared originally. I can tell you one thing that would help the value tremendously would be putting it back in stock rallies and 33s or 35s, not many people want big wheels on these things.
Yes, this.

Personally I don't think LS swaps help value at all, but they also do not seem to hurt in any way. Hey some guys are into it and to the right buyer it could be a plus. But I agree about the clear coat especially if its peeling, and DEFINITELY agree about the wheels. Brodozers do NOT attract buyers. Stock rallyes or at least period correct cool aftermarket wheels in good shape (hurricanes, etc) are good. People who want huge flashy wheels probably don't care much about a "good truck" they just want to drive around and show off their rims so I doubt they'd be willing to pay a decent price.

The more original and solid your truck is, maybe some tasteful upgrades (slight lift, good sounding exhaust, etc) can help resale value, but generally any money dumped into a truck is not regained when you sell, personal preference is just that- personal. Personally I wouldn't touch a truck with digital gauges and a modern stereo cut into the dash and vintage air and bucket seats out of an escalade, but a lot of people do that stuff to their squares so obviously someone out there is into it.

Shortbed helps value a decent amount, but it doesn't make the truck into gold, not gonna be worth twice as much as a longbed or anything. Look online and see what comparable trucks are going for around you, it varies so much depending on where you are (heck there are some parts of the country where 2wd trucks are actually somehow more desirable than 4x4). I see dudes in the desert buying trucks for a few hundred bucks as a POS parts truck that would probably go for 5 grand listed as a super clean daily driver up here in the land of rust. I have no idea what the truck scene is like in Georgia, can't give you a straight answer from up here.

Last edited:

Edlanta

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I screwed up a little on the description. The tires are 35's. The motor is a GM Crate engine with approx. 15K miles. Has working AC too.
You must be registered for see images attach
See attached for pic's.
Thanks!

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Very clean truck. If it was 2 wheel drive the price would be through the roof here in the Houston area. Dropped short bed trucks are all the rage here. I don't see many K series in my neighborhood. I'm one of the few. Yours is a lot cleaner than mine. Good luck with it.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I screwed up a little on the description. The tires are 35's. The motor is a GM Crate engine with approx. 15K miles. Has working AC too.
See attached for pic's.
Thanks!
Very nice truck. Even if there is some bondo on it (like you said you suspect in the corrners) as long as it looks good and not just slapped in there, and the frame is solid, decent interior etc, I would not be at all surprised to see that for sale for 10 grand around here. The paint and minor cosmetic stuff like you mentioned is why it's not like some crazy high value, but I've seen some pretty rough squares for sale for like $4-5k. It's insane how expensive these trucks have gotten

Edlanta

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the feedback! I've gone through all the mechanicals and the truck is straight and tight. Interior is very nice with a pretty good sound system. They like their 4 wheelers here in north Georgia and I'm thinking of selling. Just not sure where to price it at? Have a big block nova that I would like to get back on the road. I know the C10's are going for big bucks here as well. May start high and see what happens? Take care all and thanks!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I would probably put that truck somewhere in the 12-15k range here in north Ga for sure. Looks like a real nice truck

Last edited:

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
In DE you are going to be creeping up on 20k. Short bed k10 trucks demand is high, so high people are frame shortening long beds.
Eric

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I like the way y’all are thinking!
A bad repaint will be a minor turnoff for someone who doesn’t understand the labor that goes into paint prep and the extra labor that goes into paint prep on multiple paint jobs and bad paint jobs.
That said it’s a shortbed 4x, so if it’s as clean as the pics and description, I wouldn’t take less than $10k for it.

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Hmmmm, Dakota Digital gauges, properly installed modern sound system, custom built bucket/bench seat, AC and a monster Big Block personally that’s my kind of Square !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat