84+ parking brake setup on 73-83?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Ok dumb question time maybe. With my trailing arm swap some of the parking brake cable guides are in the way and the way the setup is laid out on my 78 is in the way of my trans mount now to so it doesn't work quite as well as it did factory.

So to my question, I see in LMC that in 84 they went to a different setup that runs down the driver side of the frame on the outside of the truck. If I get the right cables, brackets etc will I be able to just swap to this style system? I'm keeping my large drum brake setup on my current 12 bolt and swapping it to a 72 model 12 bolt to work with the suspension. This cable routing will just plain work better all the way around for me clearance wise.

Also the pedal assembly itself is the same for the 73-87 model run correct? From what I can tell it is but no one seems to sell a complete new pedal setup and all the used ones are listed to work for all years but I never trust that because some people just don't know or care to check before listing stuff.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Can't say from 81 up, but 73-80 are the same, I just put the one out of my 80 in my 74 and they are identical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MenDeeZee