84 K10 Factory A/C??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggnate81

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi again everyone!! Well after a year I’m finally back to working on my grandpas C30 I finally got settled into my new place and acquired a parts truck. My parts truck is an 84 K10, but don’t get too excited the frame is gone lol, but it appears to be a factory AC truck but the AC system is completely separate from the heater box. It’s made by Clardy Mfg. Co. part number 84-106341. And appears to be a stand alone unit. But my question is could I find a compressor and condenser and throw this setup in my c30?? Has anyone ever seen these? I’m not having much luck doing a google search. But it has an evaporator coil inside the vents in the dash and then a separate blower motor for the AC under the dash. The truck has the standard non AC heater box/ blower motor too. Anyways thanks in advance, I’m hoping someone on here has at least seen these before because I am stumped.
You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That’s aftermarket AC looks like to me.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep, aftermarket AC. Factory AC with have the unit that looks like this in the engine compartment. The factory HVAC selector will also have settings for MAX, Bi-Level, and vent.

Attachments

• factory ac.jpg
    factory ac.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507