84 blinker lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LipRipr

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
This truck came w/ cruise & intermit wipers. The lever itself is shot. I have done away w/ the cruise. Can I buy a new lever that just has the intermit wipers only & plug it in & will it work?

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
It should work, or at least in theory.. If I remember correctly, the plug for the lever contains wires for cruise and intermittent wipers. Not having the cruise control connected shouldn't effect the wipers. I guess it depends on how you removed the cruise control function.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yep just buy a new non cruise turn stick and it will work fine:) The cruise on the lever has a small set of wires that run down the inside of the column and is unrelated to the turn or wiper controls.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Yeah - for sure. Except for at the very tip of a CC type "stalk", there are no electrical components/connections. When the wipers are activated for example, the stalk only acts as a long extension for the switch. The actual switch is buried down inside the steering column.

Also there is no "plugging in" that occurs when changing the directional lever. When you remove and replace a directional lever/stalk, all that happens is that the inner tip is getting yoinked out of it's socket (in the non -electrical part of the switch) and then the new one is snapped back into the socket. This is true even of a CC type.

There are a couple of switches in the CC control head, but the wires that connect to those switches are simply lead away via the hollow shaft in the lever. When they get down to the steering column, they take a sharp left and then run down along the inside of the column housing.

LipRipr

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Thanks, I was hoping it would work. I haven't removed the stalk yet. Just the cruise junk at the engine. I have to replace the key switch & blinker switch in the column anyways. Gonna do all 3 at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP