83 suburban tailgate bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
Hi My 83 suburban tailgate opener has a broken bolt and idk where to find it. Its the one that seems to hold and center the arms for the latch so they open evenly from both sides. I was trying to loosen it so I could adjust it for wear and lo and behold IT WAS LEFT HAND THREAD, well of course it broke. I have zero idea why a left hand bolt would be there but either way I need a new one, anyone have an idea? I tried lmc but couldnt find it in the catalog. Thanks!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've got no idea where to get that bolt either. New anyway. You can buy left handed taps, so someone must sell bolts too, lol. That handle linkage came with that bolt, back when they were still available.

Oh, it's left handed thread so that it can be tightened without moving the linkage out of adjustment.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I got curious and did a Google search. Came up with this:

I'm not sure what that place is, never bought from them. I also guessed on the bolt size because I couldn't remember exactly what it was. And it's too cold to go digging around out in the garage looking for my tailgate parts, lol.

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
I got curious and did a Google search. Came up with this:

I'm not sure what that place is, never bought from them. I also guessed on the bolt size because I couldn't remember exactly what it was. And it's too cold to go digging around out in the garage looking for my tailgate parts, lol.
Thanks a bunch! I do believe it's 1/4x20 I think I've got my lmc list ready just need to add a couple plastic clips I broke lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128