83 Chevy K10- New Guy in Chicago Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
those eldbrocks are generally pretty good carbs. if it runs okay then I'd probably see if I could find a choke. Is the choke butterly and linkage there?

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
those eldbrocks are generally pretty good carbs. if it runs okay then I'd probably see if I could find a choke. Is the choke butterly and linkage there?

I believe the butterfly and linkage are there when I last looked. It has started to hesitate under acceleration sometimes and then truck shuts down shortly after, I'm reading it may be the accelerator pump. Also it doesn't seem to be holding fuel overnight, so a number of reasons are making me contemplate maybe a new one should be in the works.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
Oh. Yeah it may be a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ordered the summit racing high torque starter. They have two with different gear reduction ratios 4.40 to 1 and 3.73 to 1. Got the 4.40 one since as I understood it would deliver a little more torque and is good for 11:1 compression which my engine is well under.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks to all for the welcomes!!

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Weather was in the 40s today and since the time change Sunday it was light out when I got home from work so I finally installed the summit racing hitorque mini starter. With a jump the truck started right up, had to add some gas into the carb since the fuel lines had completely drained out it seemed, it has been sitting for over a month.

One thing to note, I drove down the street hit the throttle a little quick to open it up a bit and it hesitated and stalled. Went to start it and battery was dead. It seems everytime it stalls out like that 9 times out of 10 the battery gets drained. That has me totally stumped?

After a jump I drove a bit lightly, parked it and was able to start it back to back no problems. Even sat with the lights on with it off to see if it drains the battery and it started right up. Anyone have an idea what it could be causing the battery to die like that?

Btw the new starter is smooth as butter, sounds so smooth and quiet compared to the hunk of junk that was in there and cranks the truck right up. Thanks for the recommendation guys!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The front driver side wheel ended up coming off again. The brand new studs sheared right off once again and took pieces of the wheel with them. I replaced them again, clueless why this keeps occuring. Could it be the alignment that far off?

Took a more recent pic.
You must be registered for see images

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Some more pics I have in my phone from this past winter

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
WTH? So you keep breaking your wheel studs off? How about lug nuts? Are they correct for the wheel being used?

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
WTH? So you keep breaking your wheel studs off? How about lug nuts? Are they correct for the wheel being used?

Yes everything is correct, it's happened twice on the front right wheel. All other wheels, studs, etc are fine.

Only thing I can think of is the alignment being soo off its putting pressure on those studs. The second time it happened I literally put less then a couple hundred miles on it.

It's the weirdest thing I have ever encountered with a vehicle.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I guess if the tire is big enough and scrubbing badly it might happen. That is strange though.

snyousef

Reaction score
First Name
Shadi
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes very strange, I'm going to find a shop around here that can perform the alignment and go from there.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a suggestion too. Careful with that. Not only dangerous, you don't want to end up with some damage to the truck.

The new studs all seemed to go in real nice and all the knurling and such that hold the studs in was in good shape? Not loose at all?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky