81 turn signal lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruegge10

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I need help getting the new lens into the front bumper…. There has to be a trick to it right? I don’t really want to take the bumper off, but I will if I have to. It just seems like there has to be another way, even though that bumper support bracket is in the way and is keeping me from getting the angle I need…. Help!

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I've got an '82 K15 and had an '81 K20 Sub. Those parking lights will come out of the bumper and just will get past the bracket by turning them in just the right way. Hold your mouth just right, stick your tongue out and stand on your head is the right combination I believe!

HS

PS--- I forgot to mention the second elbow... Nah, it's not that bad really.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
It's a tight fit. You may have to compare the gusseting of the plastic housing on the originals to the replacements. On one of mine I had to trim some of the gusseting off the new one because it wouldn't go in the opening. They are a pain to get in there, but once you find the angle of attack they go right in with a little effort.