79 c10 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79Scott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10-Silverado
Engine Size
305ci
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here.

I have a quick question regarding the exhaust on my truck. I bought a new catalytic converter for my truck from rockauto because the original owner butchered up the one that was on the truck. The converter does not line up like the previous converter did, I am wondering if the exhaust pipe on my truck is correct. The pipe come off the converter and turns to bend under the driveshaft and exits at the right rear of the truck. Does anyone have pics or a diagram of how the exhaust is sup? Are there more than one type of converters for this truck?

I have the inline 6 250ci motor with the integrated head.

Thanks

Geektrucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale Suburban C10
Engine Size
350, Vortec Heads, Hi-rise intake, long tube headers, BIG bump stick
Are having to put a cat back on due to local laws? Not sure they had them standard in 79.
I know on my 81 the cross member and hangers are setup to run exhaust down the left side for its 250.
There are others with more knowledge than me...

Sent from the back-woods of Maine, via cah, beah, and lobstah bub! Pine trees MAY have been harmed in the making of this post.

79Scott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10-Silverado
Engine Size
305ci
no state laws requiring it, I bough the truck from the original owner and it needs the exhaust replaced. Check with Walker Exhaust and they don't have the cat back pipe. Anyone else have a good lead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76