454 throttle cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbreeeeeeeeew

Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Hi guys I got a little problem the other day I was driving and my throttle suddenly stuck so I turned it off and went and checked under the hood and I found out the cable was freyed and got stuck in the firewall. Anyway im looking for a new cable and lmc didn't have one for my 73 c1500 454 surprisingly. I am just looking for ideas of what yall have I dont care if its lokar or anything, anything will do personally I would like one of those brackets that goes on two of the carb studs I don't know who makes them. But I would like something that can mount the throttle cable and the return spring all in one amd well obviously I need a throttle cable thanks.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Hi guys I got a little problem the other day I was driving and my throttle suddenly stuck so I turned it off and went and checked under the hood and I found out the cable was freyed and got stuck in the firewall. Anyway im looking for a new cable and lmc didn't have one for my 73 c1500 454 surprisingly. I am just looking for ideas of what yall have I dont care if its lokar or anything, anything will do personally I would like one of those brackets that goes on two of the carb studs I don't know who makes them. But I would like something that can mount the throttle cable and the return spring all in one amd well obviously I need a throttle cable thanks.

You should be able to find a steel braided universal for $25 or so at The parts store. look in the same Isle where the Spectre stuff is.

Jbreeeeeeeeew

Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
How would I go about putting the snap ends on though

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
How would I go about putting the snap ends on though

Snap ends? Just look at the package, it comes with different ends, and a piece with a set screw that bites into the cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karguy