35s on stock Chevy wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Well the verdict is in........they fit and look awesome.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
How can you call it good when the truck is still on the lift?
LoL
Just sayin.. :shrug:
Its not on the lift any more. Its still in my shop between the two post but she isn't on the lift.

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Just took it out on its first drive with new tires and wow this thing drives nice. I'd say its close to the same ride quality as my gen 2 dodge ram 2500 and she is a cream puff with only 98k miles on it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Running driving truck now

That's a great looking truck with about as perfect stance as you can get. I've noticed most of the red trucks with factory paint, that it's entirely possible with elbow grease and proper products, you can bring it back real close to factory shine, or at least much better getting the oxidation buffed off and loose the faded look.

So I skimmed some and didn't read the whole thread. So did you end up going with 16 or 16.5 wheels? Are they factory OEM wheels? Exactly what size tires???

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
That's a great looking truck with about as perfect stance as you can get. I've noticed most of the red trucks with factory paint, that it's entirely possible with elbow grease and proper products, you can bring it back real close to factory shine, or at least much better getting the oxidation buffed off and loose the faded look.

So I skimmed some and didn't read the whole thread. So did you end up going with 16 or 16.5 wheels? Are they factory OEM wheels? Exactly what size tires???
Thanks. I plan on have a friend who details car tackle the paint for cause I don't do the detail work like that haha.

They are factory 16 wheels that I painted black. The tire are essentially a 35 inch. They are 315/75/16.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks. I plan on have a friend who details car tackle the paint for cause I don't do the detail work like that haha.

They are factory 16 wheels that I painted black. The tire are essentially a 35 inch. They are 315/75/16.

Coolio !!! That's the exact size tire I planned on running on my OEM 16's too with OEM Dog Dish hub cabs. The front ones will have the hole in the center for the hub locks to be accessible. :waytogo:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, 34.6in tall x 12.4in wide. I really wanted a bit narrower tire, but I want the height. 1 more inch wider isn't going to hurt and why I chose that size. You start getting into uncommon sizes and the prices get alot higher.

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Yeah thats why I said essentially a 35. But I agree on the price of stuff going up with odd sizes.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I run 285s and they only rub full turn to the right. Excuse the rust lol. Im painting the rims soon. I got a little excited and posted before it uoloaded haha. Cant show the rub on the truck but ill take a pic of the drag link boot. Its all tore and can see the rub on it.

Last edited:

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
I run 285s and they only rub full turn to the right. Excuse the rust lol. Im painting the rims soon
I didn't see anything rubbing haha think you forgot to attach the picture

Bigred3plus3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
I run 285s and they only rub full turn to the right. Excuse the rust lol. Im painting the rims soon. I got a little excited and posted before it uoloaded haha. Cant show the rub on the truck but ill take a pic of the drag link boot. Its all tore and can see the rub on it.

Nice. With the lift on mine a few the big tires it clears everywhere with room to spare.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
The rub isnt horrible. But its enough to warrant attention. I dont feel like spending another couple hundred on a new tire cause my inner lugs get tore off. Im gonna get some new rims soon. Spacers will work for now though for me

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Nice. With the lift on mine a few the big tires it clears everywhere with room to spare.

Im trying not to go too tall. I am putting o rates on the front in the comming weeks. China check should be in my account friday. Ill get rims when i get back to work. My wife is short... And not gonna lie a little thick... Not a good combo when im not putting steps on haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54