350 sbc starter binding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simon

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
350 SBC 5.7
Hello everyone!
Feels good to be back after a pretty long break. Summer is brutal in AZ and it’s just starting to cool down. ANYWAY so I’ve got an issue. I have a 1988 gmc suburban 2500 with a 350 sbc and th400. I always like to run the truck a couple times a week to keep up on it. Well about a month ago I started her up like normal, ran it around the neighborhood a few times then shut her down. The next day I come out to do it again and now she won’t start!! The starter keeps getting boud up in the flexplate so it is not kicking the motor over or disengaging. I have checked the clearance using the drill bit method and it’s fine. If I check the clearance with the drill bit, should I also use the paper clip method to measure the contact point clearance as well??This is super odd to me because I can’t think of a variable that would cause this. One day it was starting and running fine, I didn’t do any work on it and then the next day it just craps out. Any help would be more than appreciated, thank you all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad