350 build and 700r4 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nations85

Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
hey guys i wanna do a rebuild on my 350 and 700r4 but i need a few tips. I know my way around a wrench and have done a lot of repairing and replacing but never anything like building an engine or trans. I ordered the boxwrench dvd on the basic engine build and the 700r4 so i will be watching those later this week to see how much help i may need. the main questions i have. how to determine what spline tooth i need for flywheel or is it a flexplate. next on the transbuild how do i know 27 or 30 spline kit. then i want to put headers and a cam in the engine but i am unsure of what cam to put and what all else i would need to replace. I am working with about a 1000 dollar budget trans kit and engine kit just pistons bearings rings etc on summit will together cost a little over 500. what would a good mid range cam be i drive the truck to work most days but it is only a 15 mile a day trip. i am not trying to build a monster engine just get it back to where it should be. thank you guys any advice would help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
referrich