1988 Suburban new project and new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overland Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tracy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Welcome friend! I recently joined and am working on an 89 suburban also rust free. My 350 tbi ran like crap when I got it but a new fuel pump and tbi rebuild brought it back to life. Fuel pump was $50 and tbi rebuild kit was $35. These tbi units are 10 times simpler than a carb so don't be afraid to tear into it. The nice thing about square body chevy's is running gear from 1/2 ton to 3/4 is mostly a direct swap. The only difference you will encounter is there are two different spring perch widths for the 14 bolt year. If you find a semi float 14 bolt they all bolt straight in its the FF rears that can be different. I also am considering a 12 valve swap though I'm leaning more toward a 250 hp 12 valve with 700 ish fps of torque. I don't want to twist my frame accidentally I already have a 12 valve with a 5 speed mated to it and thr burb is a long enouph rig if I do the swap I'll use a 205 divorced transfercase.

Again welcome

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Welcome friend! I recently joined and am working on an 89 suburban also rust free. My 350 tbi ran like crap when I got it but a new fuel pump and tbi rebuild brought it back to life. Fuel pump was $50 and tbi rebuild kit was $35. These tbi units are 10 times simpler than a carb so don't be afraid to tear into it. The nice thing about square body chevy's is running gear from 1/2 ton to 3/4 is mostly a direct swap. The only difference you will encounter is there are two different spring perch widths for the 14 bolt year. If you find a semi float 14 bolt they all bolt straight in its the FF rears that can be different. I also am considering a 12 valve swap though I'm leaning more toward a 250 hp 12 valve with 700 ish fps of torque. I don't want to twist my frame accidentally I already have a 12 valve with a 5 speed mated to it and thr burb is a long enouph rig if I do the swap I'll use a 205 divorced transfercase.

Again welcome

Good lookin!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I forgot to attach pictures of it. Here it is.
I like the optional steering wheel mounted clock!

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Both of you have good looking 'burbs. Making me jealous that I still have 6 lugs lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK