1987 V2500 TBI Wiring Harness / Diagram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Frediani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V2500 Camper Special
Engine Size
TBI 5.7 350
Hey Folks,
I have had several GM 4x4s and now picked up a one owner 87 V2500. Its in great shape but I really have no experience with the TBI (SBC 5.7 TBI). The truck runs great but I would like to understand how it is wired up. I live in California so I have to be careful about smog / emissions. Does anyone make an aftermarket TBI harness or does anyone have a simple wire diagram on engine compartment / ECM wiring?

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Look for a factory service manual. Shouldn’t be too hard to find. Factory manuals are much better and more detailed than the Motors or Chilton manual. A factory book also will deal with your model specifically, instead of multiple years.

Markmx6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500 dually
Engine Size
Do you know which PCM/ECM you have?

www.Gearhead-efi.com has ECM pinout diagrams for just about all of the TBI units. They also have a buttload of information about tuning and upgrading if you are interested.

A factory service manual like Matt mentioned will still be the best because it will have all of the rest of the info you may want such as actual wiring diagrams for all of the other devices.

I pulled link directly to the section you should look into.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...o-Definition-Files-Wiring-Diagrams-Tuner-Info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512