1987 C30 Cliff Diver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
It would be really nice to have an ungraded engine with more HP/torq than the standard replacement but with planning to go back with tbi and the fact that this will just be an occasional use work truck for pulling an 7000 lb tractor on a 90 mile trip a half dozen times a year, not sure I need it.
So anyone bought the TBI crate engine off of JEGS?
Also, I read some comments on JEGS about pistons being used that were .020. I was assuming the blocks were probably rebuilt with liners and were standard bore. Anyone know for sure?

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
After some family inlaw health crisis, getting back to the C30 engine hunt.
I am wondering if going with a BluePrint engine would be worth the additional cost. I'm thinking this would be the replacement for my TBI truck with just being able to swap over components and go.
Would the increased HP that is advertised be true if using my TBI?
Also says its not for use in pollution controlled vehicles. Aren't all TBI vehicles considered pollution or emission controlled?

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
Im looking into bpe crate engines as well, just kind of concerned because they dont use any standard block or heads. They manufacture their own

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
@squareton in case you didn't see it, I created a separate thread on BPE vs GM performance. There was some good input from others.
Good point about the block. I'm continuing to read other forums in addition just to get some kind of reassurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers