1985 k10, horn curtassy lights dome cigar don't work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

true74yamaha

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
New here looks like an awesome forum. I have a 1985 k10.
I got my truck from my dad when he gave me it the horn the dome light curtassy lights and cigar didn't work. I first tried the fuse nada blew right as I put it in. I looked at my dome light the wires on the back side had melted. I fixed them and tested the section from Dome to the panel above speaker and it is fine. Next went under sill plate and that lookes fine. I hurd the cigar lighters go bad I pulled it and replaced with a new one that has the separate ground wire I wired that and The hot on it to my CD player as it has a independent wire that I ran right to the battery hot for my presets. So i now have a cigar lighter for my cell charger. I then went to install a fuse thinking I may of fixed the problem
Nada. I pulled my relay and installed a fuse and it didnt blow. I then installed a new relay I purchased when I got the fuses. As soon as I installed the relay, the fuse blew. Im now wondering what to do besides pull the gauges out and trace my #240 circuit wires aka horn wires and search for melted kinked etc wire. I also just realized my curtassy lights are on the same circuit as my tail lights. My tail lights work. But I was told my a person I may have a tail light out so I'm wondering if I have a short in the left side. Could that affect my horn curtassy lights etc? It would seem weird if it could they aren't even close to the same circuit. Any help would surely be appreciated.

true74yamaha

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Forgot to mention I have the oem clock option on my truck but hasn't worked sense I can remember.

true74yamaha

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well the gm Gods thought they'd quit toying with me and show me the light or sound!!!

My truck needed a cigarette lighter dome light wiring fixed (haven't checked bulbs for curtassy lights maybe bad). After two relays and a few fuses, I hurd a click click from my relay when I pressed the horn button. I then proceeded to remove the grille and hooked up my dr side horn a slight spark happened. Then proceeded to my LH horn and did a bigger spark and blew my fuse. I thought weird. I disconnected my horns and tested them hooking up to the battery and my horns didn't work. This was weird as I use to have them on a push button that I riged up in the cab. After the horns didn't work I went over to my work bench grabbed a old motor cycle horn and hooked a wire to the battery for a good ground and the other to my oem horn hot wire connector. I then went to the cab hit my horn button on the column and to my surprise my horn blared. I still think it's crazy that both my hi and low horns went to crap. But some how worked intermittently.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That is strange. Welcome aboard. You still chasing down that courtesy light issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula