1985 C10 Dash Gauge Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plckidd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am ordering a new gauge cluster (Classic Instruments) for my C10. The OEM wiring harness plug has to be cut and re-attached with the new harness connector. Sounds easy enough... but very challenging without a wiring diagram. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram related to the dash gauges for my C10? I've searched eBay and the shop manuals are going for $60 and up. Thanks!!

louu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
454 for now working on LS
If it's in the Chilton book I got a used one from Amazon for like four bucks. I'll look later tonight and see if the diagram is in there

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I am ordering a new gauge cluster (Classic Instruments) for my C10. The OEM wiring harness plug has to be cut and re-attached with the new harness connector. Sounds easy enough... but very challenging without a wiring diagram. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram related to the dash gauges for my C10? I've searched eBay and the shop manuals are going for $60 and up. Thanks!!

The factory service and wiring manuals are available in PDF form on this forum. Right here in the reference library forum: https://www.gmsquarebody.com/forums/the-squarebody-reference-library.52/

The top two stickied threads......

plckidd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If it's in the Chilton book I got a used one from Amazon for like four bucks. I'll look later tonight and see if the diagram is in there

Man that would be awesome! That would certainly point me in the right direction! Thanks

plckidd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

louu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
454 for now working on LS
Man that would be awesome! That would certainly point me in the right direction! Thanks

Sorry I had a really busy day. Did you find the answer in bextremes link?

plckidd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sorry I had a really busy day. Did you find the answer in bextremes link?
2nd Monday of the week! I know what you mean. Yes, the manuals listed in a thread on this site was very helpful. Thanks again!

plckidd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Does anyone have the Classic Instruments or Syndicate gauges installed in their truck? I'm having second thoughts about cutting the harness plug off and wiring a new one on. I think the Syndicate are plug and play.... Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derek87