1980 Chevy K30 Scottsdale value in POS condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
It was only a couple years ago. Had a lot of people that just wanted the front, but even then they weren't offering much. The 14 bolt ff rears are pretty common up here, so they don't command much either. At the time I had the matched set of d60/14b, a 10b/14bSF set, and a mismatched d70hd and d44 eight lug front. Would have been easier to give away a dead cat. Took forever to get them all sold.
I'd say your lucky to live in your area based on parts prices, lol. In NE Washington these are in huge demand by the 'Yota/Jeep crowd and mud boggers for their rigs, don't even ask about 2.5 rockwells...cost more than the truck by far.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'd say your lucky to live in your area based on parts prices, lol. In NE Washington these are in huge demand by the 'Yota/Jeep crowd and mud boggers for their rigs, don't even ask about 2.5 rockwells...cost more than the truck by far.
That's the weird part about here. If I were to build a(nother) jeep, I would probably match the t-case to the axle, instead of the axle to the t-case like they do here. Especially since you could get a chevy axle for hundreds less than the ford with a drivers side diff. Of course, that doesn't take into account that you can get the ford with a high pinion, which will.add some value. I tend to foget about the high pinion part.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Funny you mention that, seems like around here a lot of projects get started where they go out and by parts without a solid plan. Can find lots of 14 bolt FF and even some dana 60's that they started butchering all the brackets off and welding braces before they find out it doesn't work with their case combo and try to sell off their mistakes, lol. Unfortunately, most take too much work to put back to what I need that they are of no use regardless of the cheap price.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Funny you mention that, seems like around here a lot of projects get started where they go out and by parts without a solid plan. Can find lots of 14 bolt FF and even some dana 60's that they started butchering all the brackets off and welding braces before they find out it doesn't work with their case combo and try to sell off their mistakes, lol. Unfortunately, most take too much work to put back to what I need that they are of no use regardless of the cheap price.
Lol. Same here. No shortage of 14 bolts or d60s missing the spring perches and more.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Went and checked it out last night. Bone stock factory K30 SRW, 14 bolt FF, Dana 60, TH400, 5.7 with a broken timing chain. Some old farmer in his 90's had it, so not a thing he couldn't hit by the look of the body, cab is mostly good, just needs small cab corners replaced. Ended up buying it, guy is delivering it today on his rollback so I didn't have to go back for it, didn't even charge for that since he was coming into the area anyways.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Getting delivery included is always a bonus.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
End of thread, posting this project in Plow Beater now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854