1976 GMC C35 SM465 to GM ZF6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playher

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hello, I found a GM ZF6 trans and it came with all the parts to convert including the clutch pedal assembly. I did not know they were made entirely of plastic. Question is, has anyone used this by simply connecting up the clutch master cylinder to the existing clutch pedal? Can I mount it underneath and use the Z Bar to actuate? Thanks

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
What motor is in the truck? I have not heard of anyone using the ZF6 on a classic small or big block (other than the bastard child 8.1).

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Hello, I found a GM ZF6 trans and it came with all the parts to convert including the clutch pedal assembly. I did not know they were made entirely of plastic. Question is, has anyone used this by simply connecting up the clutch master cylinder to the existing clutch pedal? Can I mount it underneath and use the Z Bar to actuate? Thanks
I'm confused... what is made of plastic? The ZF6 was standard on most of the towing application with high torque like 8.1 and Duramax trucks, they are super beefy. If they bolt right up to an 8.1, they will bolt right up to any SBC or BBC

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I would assume the clutch pedal and various bits from inside

Playher

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
350 TBI
Im putting it behind a 454. Hucked is correct, "plastic" I was referring to the clutch pedal and bracketry. I would assume that once calculating the correct throw/stroke, I could mount it anywhere in the mechanical linkage train and get the same result. I have scoured the internet for info and cant find any. Most posts lead back to a $1,000 conversion package for sale. I figure some redneck somewhere has already done this and hope to get some input. Also, having trouble finding pics of a 1987 c/k (v/r) hydraulic set up to look at so if any of you have that, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

pduffyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
A youtube search is a help.
Here is an example.