1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1965 Buick Skylark

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Crispy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Crispy

Crispy Full Access Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban V1500
    Engine Size:

Thats an interesting story. I bet a lot people booked that day for weddings and events. Pretty confident move booking the date before any engagement lol.

Thanks for the well wishes, we've been together a long time and I dont see that changing. Shes my best friend and I think we have a good understanding of each other. The reason we did 7/7/17 was because we were going to elope on 7/7/07 while upstate at her parents cabin. We werent able to get a witness lol. As the years went by our priorities shifted and marriage became just a title so we decided to do it 10 years later. Not many people knew that story but we let them all know the significance of the date.

I want to learn to weld myself but I dont think it'll be on a car I actually like. May buy a heap for a few hundred bux and go to town. I have a harbor freight flux welder but I wouldnt work on sheet metal with that.

2. Crispy

Crispy Full Access Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban V1500
    Engine Size:
    AMC/Jeep called it the Dauntless. Pretty popular engine and I can see why, they are pretty fun to drive. Its got barely any power but it has a fair amount of torque.

That sounds like a fun Jeep. I'm going to be good to my wallet and not buy any performance parts for this engine. Only whatever maintenance it needs.