1965 Buick Skylark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
7/7 reminds me of 2007. I'd played golf with some friends, one of them is a member at the nice country club. Anyhow, we were finishing up and there an extravagant wedding being setup inside and outside the giant banquet room. The mother and daughter reserved 07/07/07 as the daughter's wedding date, but the daughter hadn't got engaged yet when they made the arrangements. I've always wondered if that bride and groom have been successful thus far...lol...

I pray you two have a long happy marriage too. Ours was low-key, low-budget, and that was okay with me and her dad, since it saved him money.

A few small rust holes isn't bad. That roof sounds like a challenge, but you have good plan of attack. As soon as I get caught-up on stuff I need to buy a small welder to do some rust patches.

Thats an interesting story. I bet a lot people booked that day for weddings and events. Pretty confident move booking the date before any engagement lol.

Thanks for the well wishes, we've been together a long time and I dont see that changing. Shes my best friend and I think we have a good understanding of each other. The reason we did 7/7/17 was because we were going to elope on 7/7/07 while upstate at her parents cabin. We werent able to get a witness lol. As the years went by our priorities shifted and marriage became just a title so we decided to do it 10 years later. Not many people knew that story but we let them all know the significance of the date.

I want to learn to weld myself but I dont think it'll be on a car I actually like. May buy a heap for a few hundred bux and go to town. I have a harbor freight flux welder but I wouldnt work on sheet metal with that.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I had to do some reading on the odd-fire v6, very interesting how GM did that, then sold it to Kaiser-Jeep to be used in the jeeps, and then bought it back from AMC to be used again in GM cars.

AMC/Jeep called it the Dauntless. Pretty popular engine and I can see why, they are pretty fun to drive. Its got barely any power but it has a fair amount of torque.

I liked the odd fire, had a newer one that was the 231 with HEI, headers, an edelbrock performer and a holley 390 on it in a '60 willys cj5. Was definitely fun, although it ate through 3 speeds pretty quick, lol.

That sounds like a fun Jeep. I'm going to be good to my wallet and not buy any performance parts for this engine. Only whatever maintenance it needs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad