1/2 Ton 2WD Front Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
1/2 Ton 2WD Front Shocks

Anybody able to tell me the list of wrench/socket sizes to replace the front shocks/mounting studs?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Buddy, it's just a guess from experience, and not 100% certain, but I recall 3/4 and 11/16 being needed to replace shocks in most cases.

Oh, and I've seen different brands use a 13/16 on the other side of the frame stud, so if you have those 3 size wrenches, you should be good to go IIRC.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Thanks, I was thinking about picking up a set of shocks and installing them over the weekend. Do it at work in one of the bays. So I need to grab what tools I think I will need. I need to get the **** out of the house and do some wrenching before I lose my mind.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks, I was thinking about picking up a set of shocks and installing them over the weekend. Do it at work in one of the bays. So I need to grab what tools I think I will need. I need to get the **** out of the house and do some wrenching before I lose my mind.

No ****. Cabin Fever and knowing I have so damn much to do is killing me. I have **** I need to get off the scrap pile and get that **** over the scale. I need the cash too ASAP. Fukin back is killing me. I'm just hoping it's the cold and I didn't way over due it stripping those trucks. Kinda scary really cuz this **** is getting excruciating and it's been going on for to many days straight to be my norm and my candy isn't helping much at all. yeah, I need some warmer weather and go try to do something and see if I can work this out or walk it off.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No ****. Cabin Fever and knowing I have so damn much to do is killing me. I have **** I need to get off the scrap pile and get that **** over the scale. I need the cash too ASAP. Fukin back is killing me. I'm just hoping it's the cold and I didn't way over due it stripping those trucks. Kinda scary really cuz this **** is getting excruciating and it's been going on for to many days straight to be my norm and my candy isn't helping much at all. yeah, I need some warmer weather and go try to do something and see if I can work this out or walk it off.

have you considered a chiropractor? I was skeptical but wife made me go and after about 5 visits my old football knee from HS was cured. I can squat down and play with my son now! I go once a month for realignment and other adjustments. The fibula in my left leg was twisting and I had pain on the back of my knee for years but not now!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
have you considered a chiropractor? I was skeptical but wife made me go and after about 5 visits my old football knee from HS was cured. I can squat down and play with my son now! I go once a month for realignment and other adjustments. The fibula in my left leg was twisting and I had pain on the back of my knee for years but not now!

There's only 2 kind of Chiropractors. The kind will take my money and just stretch me out which I can do at home, and the honest kind that after they read my MRI report, won't touch me with not only much they can do, but fear making me worse off.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
bummer

Forum statistics

Threads